Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By oth Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:13 am
Hey,

I live in Europe and i've been looking for a MPC 2000XL for quite a while now and all I can say is that they seem to be extremely rare here. Now I've got an offer for one with maxed RAM and the 8 outs, from a nice local synth store. It's in really nice condition and comes with the original packaging and all. The price is 699 € (more than 850$ atm) and I'm tempted to go for it, but I'm not sure if I'm paying way too much...
I read alot and often people are saying "nah man, 400$ is way too much", but i don't really have any comparison for prices around here.
I've seen some 2000xls pop up for like 550-600€ but they were mostly not in such a great shape or didn't have the extra outputs, etc.

So can anyone share some opinions on prices in Europe, especially around the german speaking regions? Should I go for it or be more patient?
By Clint Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:45 pm
Europe is a continent.

What country are you in, that might help us to advise you.

MPC2000XL are common as muck here in the UK.
By Clint Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:17 pm
Buy from ebay.co.uk, unlike 99% of private American ebay sellers Brits aren't paranoid about shipping abroad. In some cases you just have to ask, nicely. And then there's the Dutch and German ebay sites.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=174818
By SimonInAustralia Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:22 pm
Clint wrote:Buy from ebay.co.uk, unlike 99% of private American ebay sellers Brits aren't paranoid about shipping abroad.

:lol: Says the eBayer who lists as UK only shipping.

I have bought lots of things from the US, they are not that paranoid.

I would say Germany is the most within country only shipper.
By oth Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:26 am
I gotta say that people usually seem to be paranoid about that, no matter where they're from, there weren't really too many sellers shipping abroad. some don't even ship from germany to austria, come on, it's 2014!
still, ordering from the US is a no-no because I don't want to deal with voltage converters and the import duties are just way too high.

anyway, I went to the shop and the thing looked like new. they offered me to go down another 50€, so i just copped it, couldn't really resist :roll:
I know that's not a bargain but at least now I've got somewhere to take it if there's something wrong. I just hope the display is not gonna go bad.
I'm planning to put some kind of cooling fan behind it as a preventive, maybe even put some holes in the back of the display casing, as I read some stuff about heat being the main cause... any tips?

I'm gonna keep lookin around the UK ebay site though, seems like you could really get some bargains on there...

thanks for your time people.
By amenphetamine Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:32 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:
Clint wrote:Buy from ebay.co.uk, unlike 99% of private American ebay sellers Brits aren't paranoid about shipping abroad.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By mi1000 Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:52 am
Hey oth,
I was searching for a used price chart when i saw your topic. I'm a french guy who's going back to my root instrument : the drums. That's why i'm going to leave my MPC 2000XL away now… sadly. It's a fully functional MPC 2000XL, 32mb with an 8out external and a CF reader inside. Everything is fine except the fader. he never worked since i bought it and as i never used it, i never changed it but you can grab a new one for 15€. I sell it for 400€. Contact me if you're interesting in!
thanks for reading me,
AU REVOIR
By Clint Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:37 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:

Actually you are wrong SCSI, there are foreigners here in these forums who have bought from me. I've also shipped to EU, and Japan many times through ebay, including my first TR-808 which went to Belgium. I don't always list as worldwide shipping, but as we both know, any serious potential buyer would still ask the question anyway. Check my feedback if you're really that concerned about it.

I even helped you out SCSI when a seller wouldn't ship to Australia, by accepting the delivery and then shipping it out to you. Remember that? I've also had some kind people do the same for me, most recently ILL GREEN (thanks bro!).

This place is full of snakes lately, lol.
By SimonInAustralia Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:50 am
Clint wrote:I don't always list as worldwide shipping, but as we both know, any serious potential buyer would still ask the question anyway.

Just like many in the US, I have bought many items from sellers that list as shipping in the US only, after asking if they would ship to Australia.

My point is still valid, you are bitching about others in the US listing on eBay to ship to their country only, while doing exactly the same yourself, I just found that amusing, no need to get upset about it. :lol:
By *Pilchard* Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:20 am
oth wrote:ordering from the US is a no-no because I don't want to deal with voltage converters

As far as the MPC2000xl goes, it is multi voltage (100 - 240v). You would not need anything other than an iec lead with your local type of plug on it.
Somebody came on here a while back and confirmed that even the ones with a specific voltage written on the back are the same multi voltage units.

Comparing prices in the US with those in your own country isn't really relevant .
The US has these sorta things coming out their ears hence low resale value.
If they are few and far between in Germany , they will only be available there at a bumped up price.

:?

I wouldn't rule out importing one if the shipping is reasonable.

:)