Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By mrfaia Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:31 pm
This is just an FYI for those like me who have lost alot of work due to zip disk failure. This SCSI Flash card reader (I bought used off ebay for $40) works with the MPC2000 and I used it to replace my SCSI Zip drive. I then purchased a $15 USB card reader for my PC to edit samples and transfer them back to the MPC. It formats and behaves just like a zip and you can create particians on the MPC with it but I wouldn't recommend this because only the first partician can be read on a PC and the moment you write to it, you destroy the remaing particians. So if you stick with 32, 64 and 128MB Compact flash cards you should be fine.

This unit is actually has a PCMCIA slot with a compact flash card adapter.
By [email protected] Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:13 pm
mrfaia wrote:no more than 50000 characters. 
mrfaia wrote:This is just an FYI for those like me who have lost alot of work due to zip disk failure. This SCSI Flash card reader (I bought used off ebay for $40) works with the MPC2000 and I used it to replace my SCSI Zip drive. I then purchased a $15 USB card reader for my PC to edit samples and transfer them back to the MPC. It formats and behaves just like a zip and you can create particians on the MPC with it but I wouldn't recommend this because only the first partician can be read on a PC and the moment you write to it, you destroy the remaing particians. So if you stick with 32, 64 and 128MB Compact flash cards you should be fine.

This unit is actually has a PCMCIA slot with a compact flash card adapter.