Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By tapedeck Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:39 pm
i've never done the update so i couldn't tell you much other than what i google.
http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1683

and i'm not saying you can use larger files, i'm just saying having all your disk images on one partition is preferable (to me) to having a single partition for each disk.
would probably make saving across multiple disks work too since you just hit a button to load the new image...you don't have to switch partitions / drives.
By roisindubh83 Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:15 pm
Makes sense to me I have a better understanding the video I could pull up was it seemed to have more partitions available on the program never mentioned saving through but could be possible thank you for the insight definitely looking into it.
By narcoticnoise Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:02 pm
I bought an mpc 2000 and it came gotek emulator as well but i can't figure out how to put samples APART from the first Partition (where my OS boot is) which limits to less than 1.4 mb of samples. I have to delete the OS from my USB and load 1.4MB of samples worth only on the first partition.

How do i use the other partitions to store samples? What software do i need to see my 1000 different floppy's my USB made?

That's my only issue with the Gotek i can't figure out how to put samples into my usb (apart for drag and drop into first partition) I'm unable to see my other folders my USB floppy emulator has. What software is needed so that i'm able to store samples into my 1000 partitions?
By roisindubh83 Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:38 am
I just use my two usb method I used free program called Ipcas it’s free I posted a link in that program it makes a 100 partitioned usb but ones you can actually see if your using it to take samples off your pc and load them to your gotek as of now it’s the only way to go so one usb to add samples or programs and the gotek usb to save
By hok-2 Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 am
Thats cool that some one is taking the time to look into these Gotec Emulators, I'm sure some one will work out how to save on multible disks at some point.
I'v had one for a few years and at least they make transfering programs to a p.c easy.
And like the dude said you can do a whole program on Mpc Editor and it will load it all without having to do each sound seprately.

They are also usefull if you want to pass a sample back and fourth between your computer and Mpc.
I think you can get about 11 seconds on to 1.14mb's.
And at least its a USB so, its less bother than the Scsi road
Not bad for £18
I think they also work in S2000's and S3000xls but not the older s3000's.
By tapedeck Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:55 pm
Wal Martian wrote:When yo go to save a large file over 1.44MB does DISK screen prompt you to insert a new floppy?

just a guess here, but since a lot of the goteks use separate partitions to fake floppies, i imagine saving across multiple 'disks' wont work because you have to actually change the 'drive' the mpc is looking at.

i could be totally wrong though, so correct me ye who know better than i.