Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By narcoticnoise Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:52 pm
hello everyone! i been experiencing at random times SCSI errors when i try to load samples or even open projects. i doubt it's a fuse because this doesn't happen all the time. plus i can boot my mpc 2k classic via zip disk without a problem...

I Didn't format some zip disks to FAT is that the problem i'm experiencing errors?

if that's the case what FAT format would i have to format the zip disks ? I just format them by the MPC itself or would i need to format them on my computer as well to FAT? thanks.
By narcoticnoise Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:11 am
Just to update everyone i took user @Wal Martian advice and so far i haven't gotten any errors.

Which is leave the Zip drive powered on all times but after you are done with your session just eject the zip disk.
(i used to unplug my zip drive after each session) not sure if that matters or what not.

And just for safety measure i reformatted the zip disks and i haven't experienced any errors just yet.

Will update if i continue to experience errors.
By richie Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:01 am
That's sort of a question you'd be able to answer by trying a different cable and/or different drive homie.
By narcoticnoise Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:53 pm
richie wrote:That's sort of a question you'd be able to answer by trying a different cable and/or different drive homie.

I agree.

What's weird is that i can open/load my projects/sounds just fine but when it comes to CERTAIN projects i get the "scsi read error" could it be a corrupted file?
By Gemfire Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:44 pm
I started to get these random errors after doing the internal SCSI mod and installing the MO Drive. It all worked fine at first but after a moth or so it stated to get really annoying.
By narcoticnoise Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:43 pm
Gemfire wrote:I started to get these random errors after doing the internal SCSI mod and installing the MO Drive. It all worked fine at first but after a moth or so it stated to get really annoying.

On my external zip drive i usually get it when i try to open certain projects loading the .PGM and .ALL files that's when ill see the "scsi read error"

Also when i'm opening to preview samples from my zip disks. (rare only happened once).... hope i don't jinx it. But it honestly wouldn't surprise me if it happened again...

I think over a while these zip disks just get small errors/corrupted (correct me if i'm wrong).

Now i see why a lot of people just ditch this zip disk game but i still have faith in it.