Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By JVC Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:11 pm
powerpcme wrote:I noticed there's a SCSI version of this, which is much more expensive and there's this version which is much cheaper. Can it work on the MPC2000?

IOmega Z100P2 is a parallel port version of ZIP drive. No, it will NOT work with MPC-2000, because it is not SCSI drive.
By powerpcme Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:29 pm
JVC wrote:
powerpcme wrote:I noticed there's a SCSI version of this, which is much more expensive and there's this version which is much cheaper. Can it work on the MPC2000?

IOmega Z100P2 is a parallel port version of ZIP drive. No, it will NOT work with MPC-2000, because it is not SCSI drive.

Oh ok, I was looking at the Z100 Plus also, Would that work. Also is there any cheap alternatives to Zip?
By richie Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:51 pm
I'm thinking of ordering the new SCSI2SD 5.1 and see how that fares with the MPC 2000.
By richie Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:57 pm
distortedtekno wrote:Let us know what happens.

Yeah man, I know and agree as I know it wasn't working out for you for some unknown reason.

I've been a cheapskate about it because the cost shipping it to Canada inflates it by another $50 when ordering direct from them or on eBay.
By powerpcme Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:56 pm
richie wrote:I'm thinking of ordering the new SCSI2SD 5.1 and see how that fares with the MPC 2000.

This looks pretty promising, Does the MPC2000 have an internal SCSI ports?? How do you plan on interfacing with this and the MPC?
By LADiego Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:08 pm
powerpcme wrote:
richie wrote:I'm thinking of ordering the new SCSI2SD 5.1 and see how that fares with the MPC 2000.

This looks pretty promising, Does the MPC2000 have an internal SCSI ports?? How do you plan on interfacing with this and the MPC?

The mpc2000 does NOT have internal scsi port. Also sometime ago I shared my experience in trying to get the scsi2sd v5 board to work with the mpc2000. I could NOT get it to work. It was NOT recognized either. I did get some help from the forum to troubleshoot. No luck. Also, I have NOT read of anyone reporting that they actually got the scsi2sd working with an mpc2000.

Today I still use my reliable cf card reader with 16gb cards with my mpc2000. Has not failed me.

But if you happen to get the scsi2sd reader and actually get it working, please please please share every detail and include pics with the MPC community.
By LADiego Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:13 pm
Also one more thing, if you do happen to get a Zip drive, 100mb or 250mb, make sure it is the z100s2 or z250s model respectively. The drive must have 2 switches between the ports. Termination and scsi id switch. I agree Zip drives and Zip disks do go bad in time but they are still needed because there are a ton of sounds on zips out there that must be accessed and moved to more reliable media.