Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By theinfamous Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:25 am
Wussup yall, first post here....I use to lurk here a couple years ago because I use to have an MPC 2000XL but I ended up selling it about 2 years ago because of financial/family issues. SO, now, I've ended up getting a great deal on a classic 2000, I got it for 300 dollars...so I decided to get it. Now here is my problem. I've had it for about a week now and the OS loads perfect, I had a couple drum breaks and drum samples on my comp and I threw them all on floppys and they load up fine on the MPC... I just tried to chop a sample up on Cool Edit/Adobe Audition and I saved it as a 44.1Khz 16-Bit Wav File...I saved it on a floppy and then I go to load it on the MPC and it sees it but when I hit "DO IT" to try to load/play it it says "Disk Read Error"...now keep in mind I haven't used floppys in a LONG time so I might be doing something wrong with the floppy, I am using the same kind of floppy that i used for the drum breaks. Any body have any suggestions?

By the way I did try to search before posting, but all I could come up with was people with problems with their OS disk...Thanks in advance.
By theinfamous Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:16 pm
to be honest with you I think it's the way I'm saving my samples from the computer to the floppy. i just bought a 10 pack of Floppys from staples and I used 6 of them already and all the sounds loaded up fine. but keep in mind that those sounds were from a drum kit that i've already had... Now the problem started when I chopped my sample on cool edit/adobe audition.... I saved it as a Mono 44.1 khz 16-Bit Wav. file...is that right? is that the way i am supposed to save it? like I said the floppys are new and the drive on the mpc works perfectly...
By 7 1 4 Beats Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:23 pm
Yeah they should be 16 bit 44.1khz and shouldn't be in a folder or anything. Maybe try Stereo versions and see if that works but I don't think it matters Mono should work too.
By theinfamous Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:17 pm
yeah I'm going to give that a try... I'm sure it's something simple...when I load the floppy the mpc recognizes it and it sees the file but when I try to load the file it says "Disk Read Error" but I'm going to try to rename it to less than 8 characters. I hope that works.