Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
ByMain Issue Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:42 pm
nope, that's the next thing to try. in the meantime i've ordered a MPC > female 'molex' 4 pin power lead and a male molex > floppy lead just to make sure.

found an IDE cable with 40 pin holes at work too...just need my CF reader now.
ByMain Issue Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:56 pm
yup so mpc > female molex > male molex > floppy is what I will end up with.

tried a 2nd floppy drive with my botched power lead, no luck. so i'll wait for the real thing to arrive.
ByMain Issue Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:19 am
leads arrived, I am now up and running. thank god, i was worried for a second that there might be an issue with the power output from the mobo.

i have also managed to get a 250mb zip drive hooked up and working, so I can now spend my lunch hours getting to grips with the functions of the 2000xl since i am a complete n00b to hardware samplers. I must say, after my first go on sunday I was thinking to myself "wtf have i got myself into" since it seemed so complicated. last night, my 2nd go of it I was doing stuff without even thinking of it. Hopefully the learning curve will continue because I think i'm making real progress...would love to get a couple of rough ideas together and post em up.

cf reader from ninebynine is in the post, now I just need to update the OS and get my hands on a card
By SOL Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:02 am
Lampdog wrote:That is an internal IDE (mcd or zip) power adapter.

IDE Molex has no connector on the motherboard.

Hey I have a question, I have an Mpc 2000xl of course i purchased a multi card reader when purchased it I also purchased the floppy connector power cable which the multi card reader needs but at the other end it was a molex connector, which doesnt fit to the mother board where the original power cable connected to. I have been trying to figure out the name of that particular connector (the one on the mpc 2000xl mother board) can you or ay of you help me on figuring out the name of it? Some one said I can get a bridge, Im trying to find a power cable which has a floppy connector and on the other end the connector that connects to the mpc 2000xl mother board. I do have images of what I have but Im new to this forum and do not know how to upload images.