Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Machine_ibf Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:53 pm
Gracias Tapuno !!!! Te he entendido !!!

Mi akai es comprada en Alemanía, por lo que dices, necesitare un convertidor de 44 a 40 pin, alguien sabe donde comprar todo junto???

---------------
traduction

My akai is bought in Germany, by what you say, I will need a converter from 44 to 40 pin, someone knows where to buy it all together???

Thanks
By Lampdog Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:08 pm
Tapuno wrote:Yo soy mejicano, seo poco espanol,
desculpa me si no entiendes.
Vas a necisitar a instalar el OS V 1.20 primero, lo puedes encontrar en AkaiPro.Com. Lo haces con un Floppy Disk(Disco de plastico)

Y luego debe de ser un jale muy facil, pero si es un machina de othra pais (no del USA) yo creo que vas a necisitar
un 44pin a 40pin convertidor.
No va ser Hot Swappable, pero si trabaja asta un carta de 2 gigs.

Translation:
I am mexican, so I know a little spanish, forgive me if Im difficult to understand.
Your gonna need to install OS1.20 first, you can find it at AkaiPro.com. You install it wth a Floppy Disk(the plastic ones)

Then it should be pretty easy, but if its a foreign machine(not USA specs) I think your gonna need a 44pin to 40 pin converter.
It wont be hot swappable, but it will work with cards up to 2 Gigs.

Please, anybody correct me if im wrong, I dont have one installed on my machine

40pin ide cable found in computers. SAME ribbon cable. 40pin female on both sides.

NO 44pin, 2kxl has 40pin ide/atapi connection on the motherboard, SAME as IDE computer hard drives.
Use the ribbon in the link below or take apart an old computer and use that one.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... sa=title#p

1.20 for mcd's 1gb and up.

Me, I have 1.14 and I use a 512mb Lexar CF in my MCD in my 2kxl, works fine.

By sorinp Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:28 pm
Two days ago I received my compact flash reader/drive, I finally bought the beige one on the left from http://www.psism.com/psiiic.htm I went for this one because of Lampdog's credibility and testimonials. The one for $17 was certainly tempting but I did not want to take a chance, I wanted something that worked for sure.

I live in Montreal so the total cost was $75 + $15 UPS shipping + $37 brokerage/customs fee for a grand total of aprox. $125 US. Certainly not the cheapest but I know it will work. I have not installed it yet as I left my MPC with my technician for a few minor issues but I can definitely let you guys know the outcome.

BTW way the cf drive comes with an IDE 40-pin to 40-pin ribbon cable. It is female however, not male—it has holes not pins—so I'm really hoping that it will work now after reading Lampdog's post where he mentions the 40-pin IDE female cable on both sides... Gulp...
By Mr.T. Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:15 am
sorinp wrote:...BTW way the cf drive comes with an IDE 40-pin to 40-pin ribbon cable. It is female however, not male—it has holes not pins—so I'm really hoping that it will work now after reading Lampdog's post where he mentions the 40-pin IDE female cable on both sides... Gulp...

:?: an IDE40-pin Ribbon Cable female on both sides is what you need! The plug on the motherboard of the MPC has got pins - the plug in your cardreader too.
T.
Last edited by Mr.T. on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Lampdog Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:26 pm
For the ide/atapi ribbon, just walk into ANY computer shop and ask them for a 40 pin IDE
data ribbon for a computer hard drive, they will get you the ribbon, and it's not expensive at all, maybe 5-7 usd.

Each female side will look like this.

http://www.google.com/products?q=40pin+ ... Components

By JUKE 179r Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:36 pm
^^^ I never heard of 'em mate. Not bad for 47 quid though..
By Lampdog Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:03 pm
sorinp wrote:Two days ago I received my compact flash reader/drive, I finally bought the beige one on the left from http://www.psism.com/psiiic.htm I went for this one because of Lampdog's credibility and testimonials. The one for $17 was certainly tempting but I did not want to take a chance, I wanted something that worked for sure.

I live in Montreal so the total cost was $75 + $15 UPS shipping + $37 brokerage/customs fee for a grand total of aprox. $125 US. Certainly not the cheapest but I know it will work. I have not installed it yet as I left my MPC with my technician for a few minor issues but I can definitely let you guys know the outcome.

BTW way the cf drive comes with an IDE 40-pin to 40-pin ribbon cable. It is female however, not male—it has holes not pins—so I'm really hoping that it will work now after reading Lampdog's post where he mentions the 40-pin IDE female cable on both sides... Gulp...

Ribbon cable has 40 holes (female on each side), right, like the pic I posted. 2kxl motherboard has 40 pins (male), reader will have 40 pins (male) as well.

Please let us all know how it works out for you as others might wanna go that same route and maybe you can help them through it.