Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By gkids Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:05 pm
big ups to jon for my new look on my mpc 2000xl im looking for some dope drum kits help me out lol

By Lampdog Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:58 pm
gkids wrote:im looking for some dope drum kits help me out lol

Check the internet thing out, maybe some there.
By revtor Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:22 am
yo Gkids, someone did your graphics, now someones gonna do your samples... whats next, "Yo someone make me some beats so I can hit play on with my MPC"

seriously.... make your own ish.
By gkids Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:05 am
Thanks @lamp and @revtor dude i just got my mpc first of all and i thought i might can get some help from experts that been on the mpc for a while so wont you go somewhere else trying to criticize me buddy.
By mr_debauch Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:30 am
gkids wrote:Thanks @lamp and @revtor dude i just got my mpc first of all and i thought i might can get some help from experts that been on the mpc for a while so wont you go somewhere else trying to criticize me buddy.

well just to point out... this website is a sub division (so to speak) of a website business that sells sample packs. I have heard great reviews of their sample kits. check them out http://www.mpc-samples.com/

we aren't supposed to advertise other company's samples here.. if you get what I mean.

to be honest though, most of us do things like grab records and sample drums from them. check out some james brown records or songs and listen for parts where only the drums are playing and record those parts into your mpc. then cut out each individual drum sound in the trim screen and make your own beats. you wont get over the satisfaction of doing it that way... nothing beats it.

to give another example... you know the song "billie jean" by michael jackson? you know at the beginning of the song you can hear only the drum beat? well you would record that and cut out the kick and the snare and after you can tap those sounds in your own way (maybe a hip hop beat)
By i need a mpc Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:34 am
gkids wrote:Thanks @lamp and @revtor dude i just got my mpc first of all and i thought i might can get some help from experts that been on the mpc for a while so wont you go somewhere else trying to criticize me buddy.

Fam, it's no disrespect or criticism, it's just that you got to be your own man, like I use to ask for the same kinds of things, but you have to go out searching for kits and find certain type of kits you like. Or do it the original way and go digging through drums, that's how all the legends did it, all of use that are serious with this music thing are trying to make it so why would we give our drums out? that's like our arsenal, unless we trading drums with other producers, or something, but foreal good luck on your search for "good" drums, One.
By revtor Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:45 pm
yeah gkids, sorry man for the harsh post of mine..

snap reaction i was up too late. . (i like the skin btw)

start here, use these as your base. Everyone loves some 808.. Set up a few programs, try to find out how you like the hits mapped to the pads.. what hits go where, what feels right to your fingers... Then dig for some samples of your own to make custom kits (programs)

http://www.smd-records.com/Websites/TR- ... amples.htm

~Steve
By gkids Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:07 pm
no problem and thanks for the tip @revtor and yea im gone have to get on my grizzy@lamp
By larrybirdo Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:08 pm
Heads up on John Pandone AKA Jonny Jams -- He was supposed to do some custom work on some gear and modify it for me. He took my gear and took my money and now 6 months later I still got nothing. Don't send your money or gear to this guy.
By mr_debauch Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:45 pm
larrybirdo wrote:Heads up on John Pandone AKA Jonny Jams -- He was supposed to do some custom work on some gear and modify it for me. He took my gear and took my money and now 6 months later I still got nothing. Don't send your money or gear to this guy.

ouch... that is harsh.

why did you give him money and gear?
By mumkai Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:58 am

wait wait wait...so you just get an MPC and the first thing you do is customize its style?? ???