Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By mr_debauch Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:43 am
i thought the brightness was only due to the pic... is it really that blinding in real life?
By jazzbee Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:04 am
Nice work, looks slick so far. :D

I remember you wanted to sell the previous xl you modded,
did you manage to sell that? if so how much did u get for it?
By sonseelye Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:49 am
^^oh man,,i hear ya,,i didnt think they were going to be as bright as they were,,i only used a 6000mcd i now am thinking of a way to install 2 led's into the back of the screen to brightin that up also. :mrgreen:
By sonseelye Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:11 pm
ok finnaly off to screen printer,,been out of town forever and now hes backed up a week and a half,,but should be super sick when hes done..ok be back with pics,,in like a week :lol:
By sonseelye Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:22 pm
ok so i got the cables for the mcd mod and got everything installed.

takes up to 2gb,,used a 4gb and screen went wacky..went back to 2 fine!!

also i started getting into graphic painting,,so this is what ive done to the front,,this is not a decal,,it also has not been wet sanded,buffed,or polished..once all of the steps are finished it will look flush..
By sonseelye Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:46 pm
^^yeah the blue one was sick but wait til this one is finished,,i think you'll like this one also.
By The Grublet Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:42 pm
still rockin my red and silver 2500 for now but for some reason the xl sounds different,,"i swear on my life it does "

yup!

did you make your own EL foil? or is someone making precut 2000xl backlights?
By sonseelye Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:45 pm
^^its called a ccfl..4inch will do the trick to any 2000xl,,ive done 5 or 6 of them..pretty cheap mod.
By sonseelye Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:20 am
^^wait til you see what i do to the 5000 i'll be recieving tomorrow muwahahaha