Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By inflict3 Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:43 pm
m56p87 wrote:Just got some bad news regarding the envision v2 screens. In so many words the manufacturer has to completely scrap and start over, something about using a classic and not xl for programming and production of the replacement screens. It seems like these could be a long way out, so I copped a refund. I wouldn't be suprised if its anther year until release. I feel bad for anybody with a dead machine, mine is just the backlight.

oh man!! yea, my screen only gets one line everyonce in a while, but it goes away too...yo homie, where u at in seattle?? found a sick record shop in everett :nod:
By envisionelec Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:13 pm
Hi guys,

Yes, I disappeared for a while. We hired a different engineer for the new design, but it turned out that he was extremely busy all the time. So, it took some time for him to fit us in since we're a small-time company. But it is definitely worth the wait.

The first screens did have some disappointing lags due to the way the LCD data was transposed. This was something we didn't know much about when we did the original software, and by the time they were released, we had already bought hundreds of customized screens.

The new screens use a Xilinx FPGA. It has enough horsepower to immediately translate the data from the MPC to the LCD and spit data out to the VGA monitor in real time. This translates to ZERO lag for you.

The VGA connector itself will be supplied with its own panel that can be placed in the 2000's SMPTE jack opening. For those that have the SMPTE slot filled or have an XL you can punch a standard "XLR" hole that fits a Switchcraft EHHD15FFB. I'll also investigate a "dongle" where the VGA connector/cable is installed with a much smaller connector.
By envisionelec Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:19 pm
mr_debauch wrote:Much respect to envision for getting the screen made that we all saw... that is further than other people who attempted got...

but maybe his ego and cocky-ness was a bit too high.. im sure if he realized the quirks this lcd design has to the full extent he knows now.... he may have held off on acting so smart.. :lol: even if he is.

Nah, we still did it! :P
By envisionelec Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:23 pm
m56p87 wrote:Just got some bad news regarding the envision v2 screens. In so many words the manufacturer has to completely scrap and start over, something about using a classic and not xl for programming and production of the replacement screens. It seems like these could be a long way out, so I copped a refund. I wouldn't be suprised if its anther year until release. I feel bad for anybody with a dead machine, mine is just the backlight.

What? No.

We started over in May 2012. We're almost done now!
By inflict3 Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:19 am
envisionelec wrote:

What? No.

**** YES!
By m56p87 Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:42 pm
envisionelec wrote:

What? No.

Really? That's not the message I got from bignoisempc. They sent me this really ominous message that basically made it sound like for the time being it was a lost cause.. Any explanation on this? It was around January 15... Or was it just wrong information spit out by them...
By m56p87 Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:49 pm
This was sent to me by bignoisempc.com on the 25th of January.

Hello everybody, unfortunately we have unexpected news regarding the MPC LCD Screen delivery. As of our last update the manufacturer had tested the screens with MPC 2000 Classic and was proceeding to test with the MPC 2000XL. Our apologies, regretfully the MPC LCD screens will not be shipped in January 2013 despite the ETA's we've been promised. Below is the most recent email from the manufacturer (Envision) that stated:

"The release of the new screens is taking a little longer than expected because we're starting with a clean sheet and redesigning the hardware to be flawless in its execution. We're taking all the lessons we learned in the first production (V1) and improving the hardware to expand the capabilities of the display including a VGA driver for an external monitor connection. You can be assured that it will be out finest effort."

I know we have relayed this info more then a couple times to you, but at this point the manufacturer has not been able to pin-point ETA's for when the screens will be finished. We feel very badly about this and want to let you know that they will still be finished but we have no ETA at this point. The project has NOT been scrapped, so if you choose to keep your order with us that is totally fine, but we urge anyone that is not OK with an "open ended ETA" to look for another solution. If we had to guess we think it might take another 2 to 3 months.

Please let us know if you need anything else or if we can be of any help to you.

Big Noise MPC
3104 O Street #219
Sacramento, CA 95816 USA
1-408-220-4797
Skype ID: BigNoiseRadio
By envisionelec Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:12 pm
Any communication you receive beyond my words in those quotes from "Big Noise MPC" is completely bogus. I have never spoken to this individual/company regarding any specific timelines. We didn't have to scrap anything and we're pressing forward.
By mpcstuff.com Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:49 pm
Seems to be a lot of bad info and misunderstandings going around.

Here is the bottom line...

Envision is the manufacturer and we (MPCstuff) are the distributors for the screens. The project is on-going and will be finished, exact time frames are not available at the time of this post. MPCstuff (distributor) or Envision (manufacturer) do not have an ETA at this time as its still not 100% known, any ETA you see or hear has been fabricated. The project was never scrapped, only delayed a bit.

When we have SOLID info on ETA and progress "envisionelec" and MPCstuff will update you. If you have any questions about the screens at all just contact us at [email protected]

If you want to get the screens, get on the waiting list. You can do so by directly emailing us at [email protected]
By inflict3 Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:11 am
yea, whats the deal on these??
By Star One Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:09 am
Wrote in to be put on the waiting list

Email reply from MPC-STUFF:

"We are the developer for the LCD screens so we will have them first, as soon as manufacturing is finished. We dont have a solid ETA right now but hope to have one soon. The project has become more challenging than we originally thought. Pricing has not been set yet but we expect in the range of $165-$200 (give or take a bit)."

So that would be an awesome update for me. It's still in the works from the sounds of it!

I thought MPC-STUFF was the Distributor not Developer though. Maybe just that word correct stuff some people use made an error.
By ntalec Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:01 pm
MPCStuff is just the deer in the headlights caught out there taking the hit for Envision.
Envision is both MIA and quiet in the entire matter.

MPCStuff is the distributor and at this point probably feel like we do that it's a wrap and won't happen.
The original screens that were made for them looked good but simply performed like sh*t.
Proving to be more challenging is not a good look based on all the stuff that went wrong with the first screens.
They were a nightmare with no workaround. :(

That statement is the one that MPCStuff offered a very long time ago when the next generation of screens was supposed to be started.

2k/2kxl owners have to accept that cannibalization is the only resolve and looks like it will remain that way.
By JVC Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:46 pm
ntalec wrote:MPCStuff is just the deer in the headlights caught out there taking the hit for Envision.
Envision is both MIA and quiet in the entire matter.

MPCStuff is the distributor and at this point probably feel like we do that it's a wrap and won't happen.
The original screens that were made for them looked good but simply performed like sh*t.
Proving to be more challenging is not a good look based on all the stuff that went wrong with the first screens.
They were a nightmare with no workaround. :(

That statement is the one that MPCStuff offered a very long time ago when the next generation of screens was supposed to be started.

2k/2kxl owners have to accept that cannibalization is the only resolve and looks like it will remain that way.

I have to agree with ntalec, I also don't think that we will see new, improved version of MPC-2000 screens from Envision.
I give props to Envision for trying, and making it as a product, but it seems to me that he has moved on from further development. I hope he'll come back and try to make it work. There must be so many abandoned MPC-2000s around the world because of the screen issue.
Other parts, like buttons, rotary encoder, pads on MPC-2000s are easy to replace.