Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By JVC Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:14 pm
peterpiper wrote:
JVC wrote:Other parts, like buttons, rotary encoder, pads on MPC-2000s are easy to replace.

2000 classic?

Oh yeah, you are right, I don't know about the rotary encoder used on 2000 Classic. However, that encoder seems to be much more durable than 2000XL's.
By distortedtekno Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:20 am
I'm seriously reconsidering what extra parts I should sell and what to hold on to, just to make sure my 2000 continues working well into the future.
I was hoping to transplant a 2k display into a 2kxl for a friend. But from what i've been told, it won't work. So I'll keep it and hold onto the jog wheel as well, knowing they won't be cheap to replace, especially by the time I'd need a replacement. Maybe I should hold on to the extra power supply too.
By JVC Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:44 pm
mpcstuff.com wrote:Forgot to mention. They will ship in about 2 weeks (Mid / Late Sept 2015)

Wow amazing!
By JUKE 179r Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:09 am
envisionelec wrote:
concepts wrote:do you have an estimated date? thanks

June 6th.

Sorry, our manufacturer is taking its time. :roll:

In the meantime, here's some pics from the lab, first the VGA in yellow, then in white.

But, we're not going to use it - why? It's too darn slow to update. We'll have a solution later - for now we're focusing on getting these displays done!!

For grins, I'm uploading a video to watch how bad the refresh rate on the VGA adapter is. It's a fail in my book - unsellable and useless. Back to the drawing board on that one...with a different chipset on a parallel bus. Ah well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_8Dx5sUXy0

Too bad this never came about. :cry: It would have been nice to have another option for the failing MPC2000XL screens.
By Wal Martian Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:19 pm
envisionelec wrote:New MPC2000/2000XL displays are on the way!

More details in the coming weeks. The display manufacturing have a 6 week lead time which puts us in the Feb-March time frame after the programming / physical design is finalized.

Dec 4 2010^

I used to love trolling these threads