Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By mr_debauch Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:45 am
envisionelec wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:
envisionelec wrote:Haters care to comment? Didn't think so...

yeah, when's the 3D version coming out? haha, just kidding man...

so does the bump in the road essentially mean you are back to the drawing board or does it mean there is a long delay, or what? how far is the backlight at the end of the tunnel?

It was a bump, we got it figured out. We're delayed maybe 2 weeks, but we're still looking at late March for the first units.

slick.. well lets hope this actually can save a few units. it may be also sweet if these fit into some of those other machines people removed the screens from (akai dps was it?? i forget the name)
By peterpiper Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:09 pm
mr_debauch wrote:slick.. well lets hope this actually can save a few units. it may be also sweet if these fit into some of those other machines people removed the screens from (akai dps was it?? i forget the name)

Yes it is the DPS12. But as far as I remember the contacts of the cable are on the "wrong" side so you have to mod this with a piece of extra cable to turn the contacts.

peace
By mr_debauch Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:02 pm
peterpiper wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:slick.. well lets hope this actually can save a few units. it may be also sweet if these fit into some of those other machines people removed the screens from (akai dps was it?? i forget the name)

Yes it is the DPS12. But as far as I remember the contacts of the cable are on the "wrong" side so you have to mod this with a piece of extra cable to turn the contacts.

peace

yeah I remember reading that also.. well lets hope something like that could be done also because I bet there are loads of those lying around with no screen.
By envisionelec Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:57 pm
peterpiper wrote:slick.. well lets hope this actually can save a few units. it may be also sweet if these fit into some of those other machines people removed the screens from (akai dps was it?? i forget the name)

That's a good idea. I'll put two places for the LCD connector to go - one standard for MPC, and one "flipped" for DPS12.

Thanks!
By Tapuno Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:17 pm
mr_debauch wrote:
peterpiper wrote:

peace

yeah I remember reading that also.. well lets hope something like that could be done also because I bet there are loads of those lying around with no screen.

Im guilty of having a DPS in my garage screenraped
By Tapuno Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:03 pm
mr_debauch wrote:well lets hope envision could sort that out... is the dps any good by the way?

gritty, but disappointed to see the amount of plastic used in it. Such heft, but so much plastic
By jellyjim Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:02 pm
envisionelec wrote:Haters care to comment? Didn't think so...

ROFLMAO!

No I don't think they do and if anybody had any doubts you were all talk no action I think they can go to the back of the class!
By envisionelec Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:13 am
nogginj wrote:I know it's the status quo around here, but I could do without the ****. :\

I will now return to hugging my tree.

Awww..sorry, mang. 8)

I took a lot of bullshit early on. Just dishing a little back in jest. ;)
By RebelShiekh Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:09 am
hey ive been following ever since u started havent ever posted though, this is freaking doooope, i mean before you go and sell this to akai, please sell us who really grind hard some first, and for a good price, hope i didnt offend you with that. Anyways more videos please, and thanks fam