Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By richie Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:30 pm
That addonics is not hot swap.

I don't get why you guys need that ability. IF you want more samples, then just sample it in from the analog in.
By JVC Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:11 pm
With the original post, I used Dropbox to host the images. However, Dropbox no longer allows hotlinks, those images on the original post (among with my other posts with embedded images) are long gone.

Here, I'm reposting the post with a new image host (with imgbb.com.)

So, I finally have the CF reader (Addonics ADIDECFB) delivered. I took photos while I was installing CF reader.

First, I made two holes on the bracket (I took out the eject button part, as it was already half broken):

plugged in IDE connector (from old PC) and power extension code that came with the CF reader:

The first two holes and the mounting parts from XL did not match! So drilled the 3rd hole:

It fits fine now:

I plugged in the CF reader:

CF reader is now mounted. cables are tied:

This is how the XL look with the CF reader:

I used Sandisk 2GB Compact Flash card. I formatted the card on XL. It works fine!

It seems that XL actually recognizes as a 2GB card. I was expecting XL to see it as 1GB card.
(Post note: you can only make partition maximum 1GB.)

By ARSONi$T Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:03 am
I am looking to make the possible switch from floppy to a reader but I need to know it is possible ?I have seen and read plenty on the 2000XL but not the classic 2000.

If the is a way of possibly making the switch, Who supplies the drives and the brand and how much in the UK?

I am using MPC 2000 in my dissertation this summer so to make the switch would be advantageous in my studies and further recordings?

Cheers

Day

:smoker:
By Lampdog Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:29 am
2kxl and 2k have different options on the motherboard.

2k classic has NO ide/atapi connections on the motherboard.
2kxl does, hence alot easier without fuss (I did it too).

You will have to use scsi. Open your machine up and see what is in there.
By Wal Martian Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:31 am
ARSONi$T wrote:I am looking to make the possible switch from floppy to a reader but I need to know it is possible ?I have seen and read plenty on the 2000XL but not the classic 2000.

If the is a way of possibly making the switch, Who supplies the drives and the brand and how much in the UK?

I am using MPC 2000 in my dissertation this summer so to make the switch would be advantageous in my studies and further recordings?

Cheers

Day

:smoker:

Use the forum search function. To put an internal SCSI MCD in a 2000 classic there are a few options but most are considered a modification to the machine, not as simple as buying the drive and sticking it in place of the floppy drive. Better options would be the external scsi drives like these
http://www.mpcstoragesolution.com/
or a scsi zip drive
By JVC Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:22 pm
The reason why you don't see CF reader conversion instructions for MPC-2000 classic is that there is only floppy port in 2000 classic, and it doesn't even have internal SCSI port (2000XL has SCSI ports, both internally and externally.)
To make things worse, 2000 classic does not support file directory, so having large capacity data storage even less desirable.
For MPC-2000 classic, I'd recommend an external SCSI 3.5" MO drive and a bunch of 3.5" MO disks. SCSI MO drive works very well with MPC-2000. It may not be easy to obtain, but SCSI MO drive was one of the few officially supported data storage media by Akai.

By the way, do NOT get ZIP drive, they are really unreliable!
By Wal Martian Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:37 am
There are a few known ways to do it but they are not simple 'plug and play' solutions
Internal SCSI hack - LADiego (some picture links are dead)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=144299

Internal SCSI ribbon splice hack - dstruktiv (picture links are dead)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67154

Portable CF card MPCStuff
https://www.mpcstuff.com/scsi-compact-f ... -mpc-3000/

If saving or file transferring is absolutely essential I would buy a MPC2000xl with CF drive, or buy a MPC1000
By 909BLN Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:50 pm
Wal Martian wrote:No
mindfactory.de wrote:Internal USB 2.0 interface connection via mainboard connector

then can you tell me please what is the cheapest hot swappable card reader on the market? (preferable also available in Europe...)
By richie Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:12 pm
scsi2sd
By 909BLN Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:10 pm
so the cheapes i found in this list: https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... d&_sacat=0

was this one here:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/SCSI2SD-v5-3-5- ... SwFnFWBHDt

so it will take weeks of shipping... BUT does it work and will it be hotswappable? Or any better recommendation?

i read in another forum in think that this one is also working more or less but its not hot swappable:
https://www.conrad.de/de/schnittstellen ... 74837.html