Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By bcc4life Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:03 am
I am thinking about buying a turntable and a mpc 2000xl and i will just be sampling should a i get a mixer or just a basic phono pre-amp
By mr_debauch Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:08 am
well it depends on your budget.. because dj mixers (not regular standard line mixers) have phono inputs that have the preamp too... it really boils down to comparing that preamp to the external standalone one you would otherwise get....

I suppose without knowing models vs models.. the mixer would be best because it would add an eq as well.
By mr_debauch Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:37 am
bcc4life wrote:can u get good quality basic mixers for under 200 dollars

sure, i guess so... I mean, having clean records and a clean needle make more of a difference in my opinion...

get what you can, and get busy!
By tapedeck Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:24 am
bcc4life wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tascam-M-216-Analog-Mixing-Board-/220956489212?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33720875fc would this one work?

that will not work with a turntable, no.

for under $200, you can basically just get whatever you can find, and if you want to upgrade later, you can.

get a dj mixer, a used vestax is probably a good idea.
By mr_debauch Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:56 am
you know what? im going to ask a question here too...

the vestax pmc 06... anyone have an opinion on those? it's very small and to the point which is a feature I like a lot... never tried one though. maybe some scratching maybe some general douchebaggery as well... point is, are they solid or built with crap parts.. because I have heard both stories from different sources.
By tapedeck Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:18 am
mr_debauch wrote:the vestax pmc 06... anyone have an opinion on those?

legit. built well. last a long time. not audiophile, but not crap either.
if you find one cheap, and you need a mixer like that, hit it up. like a pmc-05 in a smaller package.

they were called 'samurais' and that stuck with me (edit: samurai was a particular model). well maybe more like a butterfly knife - small, whip it out, do some dirty damage, move along.

but vestax is usually legit.
By mr_debauch Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:11 am
tapedeck wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:the vestax pmc 06... anyone have an opinion on those?

legit. built well. last a long time. not audiophile, but not crap either.
if you find one cheap, and you need a mixer like that, hit it up. like a pmc-05 in a smaller package.

they were called 'samurais' and that stuck with me (edit: samurai was a particular model). well maybe more like a butterfly knife - small, whip it out, do some dirty damage, move along.

but vestax is usually legit.

oh okay good to hear.. I am absolutely am out of the DJ gear loop... and this mixer would not be for anything audiofile stuff.. I just want to get one that damn well works.. I dont need any bells and whistles but I also dont feel like buying something more than once... but again I also dont want to drop 600 bucks on a mixer i will use a few times a year.

thanks for the heads up though.. I didn't realise this was the same but scaled down from the 05.
By tapedeck Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:01 pm
bcc4life wrote:so all i need is a dj mixer to sample music into the mpc 2000xl

yes
bcc4life wrote:is this a good quality dj mixer http://www.ebay.com/itm/Numark-M4-10-Ra ... 4079065448

its a $60 mixer. it will work. but it is a $60 mixer - there is no secret formula where suddenly a $60 mixer is better than a $1000 mixer (exception - when you get lucky buying used).

i dont understand wtf you mean 'good quality'. it will work. what else do you want for $60? do you have a return policy on ebay if you dont like it?