Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Harmoncj Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:55 pm
Universal Slanguage wrote:I have a new fuse, and my step dad is going to help me with soldering the new fuse, but is it necessary to disassemble the machine and solder from the bottom of the pcb?

I'm afraid so. rest all the individual parts on a bed, use an empty ice tray to sort out all the screws.
By Universal Slanguage Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:49 am
The soldering was rushed, so the pins on the fuse broke. We've since acquired additional fuses and soldered one onto the mother board. Machine is re-assembled, Scsi device discovered and indexed in disk menu! Now to find a compatable card, format and utilize as designed. Thank you all so much for your generous guidance and advice. I will share my experience with this product, hopeful of unimpeded progress. I look forward to the potential of sampling analogue vinyl audio. I've dreamt of this evening's moment of truth for quite some time.
By Harmoncj Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:21 pm
Universal Slanguage wrote:The soldering was rushed, so the pins on the fuse broke. We've since acquired additional fuses and soldered one onto the mother board. Machine is re-assembled, Scsi device discovered and indexed in disk menu! Now to find a compatable card, format and utilize as designed. Thank you all so much for your generous guidance and advice. I will share my experience with this product, hopeful of unimpeded progress. I look forward to the potential of sampling analogue vinyl audio. I've dreamt of this evening's moment of truth for quite some time.

Nice! Glad it worked out for you, so nice when you get that hassle-free way of storing things