Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Synesthezia Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:55 pm
*Pilchard* wrote:http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00083B5PI/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

This page has a little more info on each item (though not a lot).
Don't worry about it having full RAM or not. That stuff is really cheap these days and you can upgrade it yourself. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I'm aware of that page... the problem was that my specific mpc didn't have a description. It just said "used - very good". But it doesn't matter now, the seller has clarified what is included.

And yeah, I didn't know RAM was so cheap: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004O3 ... NM1NMUEAGQ

I'll wait for the MPC to get here before I buy more RAM though. The seller doesn't know how much is on it, for all I know it could already have upgraded memory :hmmm:
By Star One Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:23 am
Love the excitement!

You gotta be exited and proud of all, makes life so much worth living!

The MPC prices on Amazon are insane I agree on that. I guess the price you got might not be bad especially as long as the screen is good. And for the RAM yes just old pc computer memory, so very cheap :)

The ZIP are awful. But CF you can also get on amazon, plenty of guides in this forum on that. Great bunch of people too!

The computer is neat but at least to me there is just not much vibe to it. Just sitting there clicking, like everything is done on computer anyway.

And I think the page that have said comes with stand might be just one listing, then you click "new/used for" option pulls up list of other sellers could be where the confusion came from.

You might get lucky. Some people altho with so much easy access information its not common but some might not know what they have. Thinking extras are standard.

I got my first XL maxed. I mean fully expanded everything except that wierd filter thing(?) that mounts overhead on arms, forget what that is, but for 280.00.

Welcome tho! If you ever feel like talking drop me a PM!

By Synesthezia Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:29 pm
HOLY...

It's already here! I was expecting it to get here next week, but it's here!

When the seller said it was in very good condition, they meant very good condition!

:shock: It's practically brand new. Like someone took it out, used it once, and forgot about it. No scuffs, fading letters, nothing. The screen is flawless, the colors vibrant... Have I seduced you yet? :mrgreen:

Here it is...

overview

front buttons

screen

pads

This next one caught my eye. Most 2000XLs I've seen on the web have the old akai logo... (pic off the web, not my MPC)

Mine, on the other hand, has the modern one. Hmm.

But, the best part is...

It has full blown memory!! :shock: :worthy:

Not too shabby for an MPC virgin, eh? :wink:

I'm stoked. :mrgreen:
By JUKE 179r Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:44 am
Damn Synesthezia… seeing your XL makes me regret selling mine last year. :WTF:
By distortedtekno Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:02 am
Synesthezia wrote:HOLY...

It's already here! I was expecting it to get here next week, but it's here!

When the seller said it was in very good condition, they meant very good condition!

:shock: It's practically brand new. Like someone took it out, used it once, and forgot about it. No scuffs, fading letters, nothing. The screen is flawless, the colors vibrant... Have I seduced you yet? :mrgreen:

Here it is...

overview

front buttons

screen

pads

This next one caught my eye. Most 2000XLs I've seen on the web have the old akai logo... (pic off the web, not my MPC)

Mine, on the other hand, has the modern one. Hmm.

But, the best part is...

It has full blown memory!! :shock: :worthy:

Not too shabby for an MPC virgin, eh? :wink:

I'm stoked. :mrgreen:

Now THAT'S a good start! You'll have years of fun with it. The logo is different because these XLs were made around 2004 when the blue XLs came out... or at least somewhere between then and 2002, which was when the new logo appeared on the 4000.
By Synesthezia Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:45 am
distortedtekno wrote:Now THAT'S a good start! You'll have years of fun with it. The logo is different because these XLs were made around 2004 when the blue XLs came out... or at least somewhere between then and 2002, which was when the new logo appeared on the 4000.

Definitely! Ah, I figured the reason for the logo change was something like that.

Off topic:
let's end this "colorization" debate! viewtopic.php?f=1&t=171527