Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By xvw Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:08 am
Thank you guys for chiming in to help me out... I really appreciate it. I'm hoping this picture posts up correctly for those who might need another visual... we will see.

By richie Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:57 am
Those resistors you have there seem to be severely corroded. If I were you, I would clean the legs on them. You could use sandpaper or even some steel wool that should do the trick. The thing is, when there is corrosion like that, it actually impedes the ability of the solder making a clean joint - which is your ideal goal when doing any repair.
By xvw Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 am
richie wrote:Those resistors you have there seem to be severely corroded. If I were you, I would clean the legs on them. You could use sandpaper or even some steel wool that should do the trick. The thing is, when there is corrosion like that, it actually impedes the ability of the solder making a clean joint - which is your ideal goal when doing any repair.

You know what, you're right. :Sigh: . I completely overlooked that when I picked them up from my electronics store nearby... One simple thing can really make a huge difference. The resistor that I chose actually had cleaner legs on them than the ones in the picture which, thankfully, I picked to replace the broken one. I was able to make a clean joint.. but I'll have to clean these off right now just incase I'll have to replace this one in the future...

Good looking out brother... thank you for that tip! I'm on it!
By JUKE 179r Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:41 pm
From the above picture, it looks like a baby blue color body to identify it as 1% metal-oxide film resistor. The 2000XL R1 resistor body is beige for 5% accuracy due to being a carbon film resistor. The baby blue colored metal-oxide film resistor that you have will have a tighter accuracy of the resistor's resistance/ohms at 1%.
By richie Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:20 pm
A couple pages back I first used the 1/4w which was originally reported and eventually found to be incorrect. The thing is, it still fixed my problem but then I swapped it for the Panasonic 4.7ohm 1W 5% which is supposed to be better and the correct thing to use.

My chain stay icy.
By xvw Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:20 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:From the above picture, it looks like a baby blue color body to identify it as 1% metal-oxide film resistor. The 2000XL R1 resistor body is beige for 5% accuracy due to being a carbon film resistor. The baby blue colored metal-oxide film resistor that you have will have a tighter accuracy of the resistor's resistance/ohms at 1%.

Dang, thank you for dropping that knowledge on me Juke... saw you had some youtube videos up on card reader options... that was really cool to see.

So, if I'm breaking down what you said correctly... at a 1% resistance tolerance, there is a tighter accuracy to the resistance/ohms value of the resistor, meaning less drift? :idea:
By xvw Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:24 pm
richie wrote:A couple pages back I first used the 1/4w which was originally reported and eventually found to be incorrect. The thing is, it still fixed my problem but then I swapped it for the Panasonic 4.7ohm 1W 5% which is supposed to be better and the correct thing to use.

My chain stay icy.

Good thing you wound up getting the right information! I'm guessing the 1/4 would have worked for a little while, and eventually would have wound up getting easily overloaded due to it being under the specified wattage required for the PCB :?:
By bpantell Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:37 pm
This post has been extremely helpful - I think.

I currently have the exact same symptoms (No sound output, maxed out input when sampling is pressed, pad sensors dead) after trying to replace and resoldering the 16-levels tact switch :Sigh: .

Do you think this is related to the same resistor? Could the same set of symptoms be the result of a different resistor being fried? Is there a way to tell which resistor to replace besides physical inspection?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-B
By Kabaka Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:17 pm
Hi everybody,

I would be very-very-very thankful if somebody could re-upload fresh images for this tutorial ...

Without any pictures when you are a noob like me and when english isn't your mother language, it add more problems to the operation ! :(
By JUKE 179r Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:25 pm
It’s fairly simple to replace you just have to know the specific rating of the resistor.
Hit up Star One in a message. She is the OP of this topic.