Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Heavie Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:53 am
It seem to have some really talented people here with the ear for house music. Keep up the good work guys. I got keep my eye on this thread.
By Living Bate Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:12 am
Heavie, you seem bang into your House music....

what is some of your favourite House stuff that you listen to?......i like deep soulful stuff....you know atmospheric....nothing too cheesey....

i quite often download stuff from here https://www.house-mixes.com/ but it can be a bit hit and miss
By Heavie Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:19 pm
Living Bate wrote:Heavie, you seem bang into your House music....

what is some of your favourite House stuff that you listen to?......i like deep soulful stuff....you know atmospheric....nothing too cheesey....

i quite often download stuff from here https://www.house-mixes.com/ but it can be a bit hit and miss

Living Bate, I had to really think long and hard on your question. I'm not going to go into the back in the day, on you. But, my favorite genre's of house music and favorite artist are back in the past. Today, with so much music to sort through. It's hard to pick a favorite. My opinion, compared to the past. It's hard to pick good music from any genre, because artist has bland and destroyed music to the point. It's a hassle to look for good and exciting music. Underground instead of main stream, was the best option for excellent house tracks. Not anymore. So I'm not looking for favorite. I'm looking for anything good. If it's funky, I like it. No matter what genre of house music.
By JVC Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:39 pm
Living Bate wrote:Heavie, you seem bang into your House music....

Some of my faves: Kerri Chandler, Larry Heard, Basement Boys, Frankie, Blaze, Todd Terry (OK, may be not deep house, but house is house)
By Heavie Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:24 am
hok-2 wrote:Beats in progress.

I like this track a lot. Good work.
By hok-2 Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:35 pm
Nice, Loose T !
:smoker:
So good to hear people not making tired 95 bpm boombap on this forum.
I love 'golden era' Hip Hop but, enjoy listening to other styles of music made on Mpc's more now days.
I'd quite like to hear some Rock music made on a Mpc.

Here's another tune (same tune but done on the mpc)
PEAAAACE.
By Heavie Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:13 am
hok-2 wrote:Nice, Loose T !
:smoker:
So good to hear people not making tired 95 bpm boombap on this forum.
I love 'golden era' Hip Hop but, enjoy listening to other styles of music made on Mpc's more now days.
I'd quite like to hear some Rock music made on a Mpc.

Here's another tune (same tune but done on the mpc)
PEAAAACE.

Man, I'm feeling that track. Didn't know what to expect at first. Then everything camed together. Nice work, hok-2.
By hok-2 Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:42 pm
Yeah, I'm not sure about the intro either, but I'm working on it.
I think I need to do some thing else to the pad sound, maybe a slower attack so the two notes don't overlap so much.. but it gives the drop a bit of momentum I like.

Work in progress int it so, if anyone has any advise please feel free to critique it, I'm fick skinned and won't be hurt even if you say "yo that's whack" it's all good, just trying to improve.

One.
By Heavie Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:43 pm
hok-2 wrote:A ruff schetch off a beat I'm working on.

Any feedback and advice would be welcome.
PEaCE :smoker:

Hey Man, nothing but good feedback here. I like the vibe and the energy.
By loose_t Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 pm
Love the old school 2-step beats. Nice groove
By hok-2 Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:32 pm
Thanks Dudes, I know it's not great but I think if I keep working at it it might turn out ok.
I'm making this on cubase as my Mpc 2000 is in need of a repair.
Here is a more recent version.
I think I'll leave it as it is and start another tune, then finnish the rest off when I have fresh ears in a few weeks.

I would struggle to make this beat on a Mpc, so in that way Cubase is great but, I prefer the way the mpc does'nt distort when you bust the signal into the red.....that is the magic...
Haha! Mrk 2->