Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By tapedeck Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:48 pm
Living Bate wrote:anyone know how Mr G would be using that Avalon VT-747SP in the set-up with a 2000xl?.....

would he be running everything through it pre-MPC? or through the MPC outs into a DAW?......

either would work.
at $2600 dollars for that piece of gear though, i wouldn't care how somebody else was using it.
By Living Bate Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:47 am
tapedeck wrote:at $2600 dollars for that piece of gear though, i wouldn't care how somebody else was using it.

Thanks for your wise words . . .
By SEMS Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:00 am
Living Bate wrote:anyone know how Mr G would be using that Avalon VT-747SP in the set-up with a 2000xl?.....

would he be running everything through it pre-MPC? or through the MPC outs into a DAW?......

Either or for sure, maybe even both depending on if it's necessary.
By Wallace Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:55 am
Finished uni late last year and started work early Jan. Haven't made any jams since. At work all day thinking: I should get on that mpc when I get home. Get home, too tired/ no inspiration etc. What to do peeps? How do you get shit done with a 9-5?
By Living Bate Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:03 am
Wallace wrote: What to do peeps? How do you get **** done with a 9-5?

put an evening a side....get home from work.....pop a few beers and get in front of the MPC.....

it can be hard to find time but where there is a will there is a way.....
By SEMS Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:20 am
Wallace wrote:Finished uni late last year and started work early Jan. Haven't made any jams since. At work all day thinking: I should get on that mpc when I get home. Get home, too tired/ no inspiration etc. What to do peeps? How do you get **** done with a 9-5?

Don't force it. In fact, don't think about it at all. When you're ready to create, you'll be compelled to do so & nothing will stop you. And don't feel bad looking at your equipment either, it's there & you'll be compelled to use that when the time is right too.

A few years back I had an audio-related 9-5, which made it worse because at the end of the day my ears were shot. So I didn't do anything during the week. I actually used the time to get in shape. But on the weekends, forget about it... from the moment I woke up pretty much until I went to sleep I was all about my own music. Not because I was forced to, but because after the whole week of not touching my equipment I was compelled to.

Good luck bro!
By dcook79 Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:45 pm
SEMS wrote:
Wallace wrote:Finished uni late last year and started work early Jan. Haven't made any jams since. At work all day thinking: I should get on that mpc when I get home. Get home, too tired/ no inspiration etc. What to do peeps? How do you get **** done with a 9-5?

Don't force it. In fact, don't think about it at all. When you're ready to create, you'll be compelled to do so & nothing will stop you. And don't feel bad looking at your equipment either, it's there & you'll be compelled to use that when the time is right too.

A few years back I had an audio-related 9-5, which made it worse because at the end of the day my ears were shot. So I didn't do anything during the week. I actually used the time to get in shape. But on the weekends, forget about it... from the moment I woke up pretty much until I went to sleep I was all about my own music. Not because I was forced to, but because after the whole week of not touching my equipment I was compelled to.

Good luck bro!

it is tough to find time with a steady 9-5, wife, and then add kid(s) to the mix...!

Very true don't force things....

There are days I fire everything up in anticipation of getting something down and end up powering down an hour later. Or there are times I just sit down in front of everything and diddle, sketch, fart around etc. Point is keep chipping away, and when there is something you like, SAVE. You can always go back and delete later if you not feeling it, but if its is something you like, just keep building and building.
By nanapashamet Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:10 pm
damn, I feel you guys.
9-5, a 4 year old and a 4 month old. I work in short sections. Like I'll work on my midi-patterns one night and work on samples the next night. I have all my gear set up in the living room so I'm just banging on it whenever I get 5 minutes. ALL my equipment stays on especially since the analog rack synth takes 20 minutes to warm up. I'm a mess. But I just whipped this one up in 1 take out of the board. Hopefully the link works.

https://soundcloud.com/caseroc/medford-safari/s-BmACN
By Heavie Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:00 pm
Thank God, for this thread. 9 to 5, plus three hours travel does put a damper on what I like to do musically. After hearing what you guys are putting together has inspired me to get back into it. Funny thing is I can start a track and I get so many ideas. But, little time to complete and inspiration get lost over time. I guess I've have to keep coming here to see what you guys upto and push myself.
By tapedeck Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:12 pm
Heavie wrote:Thank God, for this thread. 9 to 5, plus three hours travel does put a damper on what I like to do musically. After hearing what you guys are putting together has inspired me to get back into it. Funny thing is I can start a track and I get so many ideas. But, little time to complete and inspiration get lost over time. I guess I've have to keep coming here to see what you guys upto and push myself.

tracks in yer sig are legit! doesn't sound like an mpc 2kxl to me, so if it is, even more props.
By Heavie Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:20 am
tapedeck wrote:
Heavie wrote:Thank God, for this thread. 9 to 5, plus three hours travel does put a damper on what I like to do musically. After hearing what you guys are putting together has inspired me to get back into it. Funny thing is I can start a track and I get so many ideas. But, little time to complete and inspiration get lost over time. I guess I've have to keep coming here to see what you guys upto and push myself.

tracks in yer sig are legit! doesn't sound like an mpc 2kxl to me, so if it is, even more props.

Thanks tapedeck, I never owned a mpc 2kxl. I owned a mpc 2k when first released and almost every mpc after it.
By solidsilver Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:49 am
tapedeck wrote:velocity->amp 0%
velocity->filter 100%
filter->10%
16 levels velocity
have fun

I've looked and looked and gone knee deep in the param window and cant find this. It's under my nose but no luck - anyone able to be explicit how to do?