Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Wallace Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:01 am
matiasmatias wrote:
I'm making jams with loops, i dont use track for a kick, a track for a snare, a track for a clap…. the samples i use have kicks, hihats, maybe the bass is included..other may have other elements too…most of them are stereo.

you think i can pan a little a sample that has a kick a bass and a hihat ? or that has a kick, congas and hihats? panning this sample slightly? mmmm…. i'm not quire sure….maybe I'm wrong...

No generally I would not pan low freq content. What ever sample you are using for kick and bass, I would make mono regardless of any other sounds that it contains. It will just sound better. Then if you must use stereo sounds, do so for higher freq samples. To mix these on the desk you will have to send the left and right side of the sample to 2 different outs on the mpc. Pain in the ass. Or, track everything out of the main outs, piece by piece, a method that many mpc users employ.
By Wal Martian Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:29 pm
Wallace wrote:Sample in mono.

tapedeck wrote: with the 8 out card, you still just need an 8 channel mixer

matiasmatias wrote: nobody is sampling 6, 7 stereo samples??? i really don't get it.

matiasmatias wrote:to make those fading changes i need like 3000000 channel mixer !!!!!

7 stereo samples=14 channels.
By Lampdog Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:41 pm
When samples have stereo movement then they should be sampled in stereo.
By JVC Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:22 pm
Um, how did "Moodymann MPC Vibe" discussion, morphed into an usual "Should I sample in stereo or mono" discussion?
(Moodymann rocks!)
By JUKE 179r Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:11 am
Do you dawg... Do you...