Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By MPC-Tutor Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:11 pm
The Akai that made the MPC2000 went bankrupt in the 90s, they no longer exist.

That said, I just checked on the current akaipro.com site and if I log into my account and select 'Register a product' it does give me the option to select the MPC2000. I have no idea why they would encourage people to register an MPC they had absolutely no involvement with, and not sure what exactly they are going to give you in return, they certainly are not going to provide you with any technical support for a product discontinued in 1999, made by a different company :lol:

If you feel the need to register it:

https://www.akaipro.com/my-account/create-account
By distortedtekno Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:08 pm
Creating an account lets you register your discontinued products with us that we no longer give a shit about, and gives you the option of signing up to receive special offers and spam about the latest Akai Professional products and special offers because we want your money. We take your privacy seriously - your information will never be sold or shared with another party because we want your money.
By richie Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:08 am
I have a warranty registration card for Super Mario Brothers. I wonder if I should register my cartridge for warranty?
By JUKE 179r Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:31 am
Last year I registered my TR-808 on Roland's Backstage website after owning it since '89.
I got a confirmation email from Roland thanking me for my registration. :smoker:
By Lampdog Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:25 pm
:lol: @this whole thread, too funny.
By tapedeck Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:36 pm
seran24 wrote:I have a warranty registration card for Super Mario Brothers. I wonder if I should register my cartridge for warranty?

did you just dig up a zombie thread to steal homedudes two-year old joke? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

richie wrote:I have a warranty registration card for Super Mario Brothers. I wonder if I should register my cartridge for warranty?

what the hell kind of world are we living in!?

edit: or are you a russian bot??? :hmmm:
By CharlesRandolph Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:06 pm
rclosure wrote:Do I need to register my MPC although I bought it used?

Always register your gear with the company, your insurance agency and with a musical instrument registry. Because when gear is stolen and sold to pawn shops or stores that buy used gear. Legally, they have to run the Serial numbers to see if it comes up stolen.

Before I buy any used gear, I always ask for the serial number first, so I can check if it's stolen. If they are hesitant on providing it, I won't buy it. All online places that sell gear, should require the seller to provide the serial number. But EBAY, CRAIGSLIST, ETC do not.