Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By great-fade Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:24 am
I've got this loop, but I am having a real hard time getting the right tempo so that the loop ends at the same time the second bar ends. Is there a way of truncating the the length of the bar without affecting the tempo, or anything else to get my loop to fit perfectly?

By el cannibalisto Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:57 am
if the sample is too long for the tempo, and you have a 2000xl or another mpc then you can always timestretch it...the only other option would be to change the tempo to fit, or chop the loop and play it differently so that it matches up

By Incognito Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:21 am
^^basically that.

Only, the MPC2000 can't timestretch.

By Smoove03 Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:36 pm
not a necessity though.....i get by without it. you just gotta match the tempo up. trigger the loop on bar 1 AND on bar 2 (assuming its a 1 bar loop) so you can hear when the next loop hits. Then it will be a bit easier to figure the tempo.

good luck :)

By mkbaproductions Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:00 pm
**** a timestretch.....

go to trim mode, highlight the sample from start to end go on loop mode, loop mode ON, click param option, if you want it to fit 2 bars then change BEAT=8...... it will then show what the bpm of your sample is..... to left screen you will see level:100 and TUNE:0

tune it up or down to fit the current bpm of your song.......

go back to loop option, turn off loop mode....

VOILA!!!!!

By mkbaproductions Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:01 pm
Smoove03 wrote:not a necessity though.....i get by without it. you just gotta match the tempo up. trigger the loop on bar 1 AND on bar 2 (assuming its a 1 bar loop) so you can hear when the next loop hits. Then it will be a bit easier to figure the tempo.

good luck :)

this one is good too but if you want to loop it perfectly then do it my way.....

although I loop my shit by ear most of the time, that option is still the easiest!

By Incognito Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:08 pm
mkbaproductions wrote:**** a timestretch.....

go to trim mode, highlight the sample from start to end go on loop mode, loop mode ON, click param option, if you want it to fit 2 bars then change BEAT=8...... it will then show what the bpm of your sample is..... to left screen you will see level:100 and TUNE:0

VOILA!!!!!

Good tip

By nanoloop Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:04 am
another tip.. dont truncate your samples to tight. always leave a little bit of unselected audio on the end of your loop. this will stop it from cutting out.

always try and chop your loops, they wont loose sync that way.

By cyrus Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:36 am
I thought this is how everybody does it, but apparently not:

go into trim mode.

Then select edit....scroll until you see "timestretch"

then select "bpm"

select the "beat", change the beat until it matches the beats of your loop.
E.G. if you have a one bar loop, it should be at 4 beats, 2 bar @ 8 beats, half a bar @ 2 beats.

The original bpm should automatcally change.....this is the bpm you need to use to get the sound to loop in the sequencer!!!!!

If you dont like that bpm, then enter in a new bpm, hit "do it" and timestretch it.

ALso notice that you can have a 1 bar loop at xxx bpm with 4 beats, but if you use the "8 beats" or whatever you can still use that bpm, it will just loop over two bars instead of one. So example. i have a 1 bar loop at 90 bpm and 4 beats.....if i loop the bar at 8 beats......the bpm would be 180 bpm.

Essentially 4 beats equal one bar....i.e. 4/4 timesignature! so if the original bpm is 75 bpm at 2 beats, the bpm at 4 beats would be 150......if the bar is at 16 beats and 100 bpm, the bar at 4 would be 50bpm.

btw. sometimes you have to move the bpm like +or- a fraction to fit perfect.

Re:

By mikkemikke Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:44 pm
mkbaproductions wrote:**** a timestretch.....

VOILA!!!!!

Hey there

Good tip and it works great when I am in LOOP MODE. But when I record a SEQUENCE then the timing is a bit off. Only a fraction of a second. Why is that? It's very irritating.

Thank you
By Lampdog Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:57 pm
mikkemikke wrote:But when I record a SEQUENCE then the timing is a bit off. Only a fraction of a second. Why is that? It's very irritating.

Go into STEP EDIT, move the note on event 1 tick forward or backward and/or go into TUNE and tune up or down. It’s a balancing act. Different balancing act for each loop. Also has to do with your chopping precision.
By JVC Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:18 pm
MPC is a sequencer, not a looper, so it is better to chop up the sample and sequence them, even if it is a straight one bar loop.
If this is too much, then you should get looper effects pedal instead (nothing wrong with using it, you can be really creative with it. I've seen amazing performance with looper.)
Otherwise, you'll spend days just to sync other samples, if you are layering other elements.

Re:

By Wal Martian Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:19 pm
Smoove03 wrote: trigger the loop on bar 1 AND on bar 2 (assuming its a 1 bar loop) so you can hear when the next loop hits. Then it will be a bit easier to figure the tempo.

^Yeah just do that, super easy hit play start and change the sequence BPM til it matches the tempo of your sample, or pitch the sample pad in Program>PARAMS until it loops at the BPM you're running at.
By Lampdog Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:11 pm
JVC wrote:MPC is a sequencer, not a looper, so it is better to chop up the sample and sequence them, even if it is a straight one bar loop.

I've found this out a long time ago and this method has NEVER failed me.
Never even cared about LOOP MODE. I'd MUCH rather loop with the sequence.
By mikkemikke Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:37 am
JVC wrote:MPC is a sequencer, not a looper, so it is better to chop up the sample and sequence them, even if it is a straight one bar loop.
If this is too much, then you should get looper effects pedal instead (nothing wrong with using it, you can be really creative with it. I've seen amazing performance with looper.)
Otherwise, you'll spend days just to sync other samples, if you are layering other elements.

Maybe I am too dumb but what do you mean by choping the sample and sequence it?