Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By sebhall Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:17 pm
First time poster here, spent a while trying to find this information on the forums, as well as the manual, so sorry if this is a repeat post (I'm just not sure what i'm supposed to specifically look up). If so, if someone could link me to the correct thread that would be great! So I just recently started using an MPC2000. I am using it for my master midi clock, as well as controlling two external synths. I have now started incorporating sampling into the mix, however, after i record and chop the sample, before i even load it onto a pad, it gets auto mapped to a specific midi note, effecting both my external synths. Is there a way I can specifically keep this from happening? I have tried changing my midi channel preferences, as well as playing in the midi input submenu from the "open window" button from the main page (played around with the midi filter after referencing other threads in the forum but no luck). Thanks!
By poker Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:21 pm
On the 2000XL, I would assign a track for my external gear as MIDI and the other track for samples as DRUM. Once I assign the track as MIDI, it would stop triggering samples.

Hope it is similar on the 2000.
By Lampdog Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:39 pm
Yes, it's the same. MIDI track for external gear and DRUM for internal samples.