Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By soundbyjose Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:59 pm
So recently, the pads on my 2000XL stopped working. I replaced the sensor sheet but the pads remained unresponsive. I purchased a couple used top button control boards and tried to see if I could get the pads to work. Still nothing. Both cables coming from top control boards have been seated properly. In total, I have tried three top control boards and three sensor sheets to make sure it wasn't a problem with them. All boards were in great condition (p300 connection, cables, etc). If the problem was with the motherboard, what could it be? I don't have the 8-outs or eb-16. Also, all components on motherboard visually look great. I'd really appreciate any guidance.
By soundbyjose Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:20 pm
mr_debauch wrote:so one day you powered it on and they didn't work? or they stopped working mid session?

did you run the diagnostic mode to see if my chance anything else stopped working?

The first time I opened it up, I was replacing the rotary encoder and slider pot. When I had put everything back together, everything worked perfectly except the pads. If by "diagnostic mode" you mean shift 5, shift f1, yes. I ran the pad check and the encoder and slider test and it's only the pads not working. I've ran up and down the forums and tried everything from checking to see if the p300 terminal was making good contact, to pad sensor/top PCB board replacements. Even ran continuity tests from the p300 connection through the top PCB and to the MOBO. I'm completely lost. :Sigh:
By soundbyjose Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:28 pm
I also read about incorrect installation of the 8-out board causing unresponsive pads. Like I said, I don't have any add-ons except maxed out ram. The R1 resistor that causes that looks to be in great shape as well. So it can't be that.
By phoking Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:12 pm
soundbyjose wrote:I also read about incorrect installation of the 8-out board causing unresponsive pads. Like I said, I don't have any add-ons except maxed out ram. The R1 resistor that causes that looks to be in great shape as well. So it can't be that.

If you've replaced the sensors and the pads aren't working, it's highly likely to be the "R1" resistor (near the 8-Out connector port).

4.7 Ohm 1-Watt.

You can't "look" at a resistor and tell if it's ok without a multi-meter.

It might look okay, but it might be fried internally. Mine looked new...
By richie Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:49 pm
Wreckon1 wrote:Hi,
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem

Thanks

The answer is in the post right above the one you just made. :lol: