Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By tael Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:19 am
I installed the CF card reader and have a 1gb transcend flash in there. I have formatted it multiple times, however i keep getting a memory full notification after uploading a few samples. all the samples are like 80k and shouldnt be a big problem for the 1gb. am i missing something?
By Lampdog Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:23 am
Wait, where is the memory full error being shown?

Mpc itself or from the card?

2k/2kxl memory max out at 32mb. How much memory does your mpc have?
Samples from cf are loaded into mpc memory.

Cf is for read/write storage only. Nothing else. CF is not what you use for "working space" when making music. That working space is actually mpc memory.
By tael Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:18 pm
sorry i wasnt clear in my problem i misdiagnosed it. I have installed the 32mb ram chips(2x16) from memory masters. they should work ive checked the stats. however i keep getting 2mb on my ram read, shouldnt i have 32 mb i can load up from the cf?

ive reinstalled many times
By richie Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:25 am
If it's showing that you only have 2mb ram, it means the ram you installed isn't being detected at all.
By JUKE 179r Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:31 pm
tael wrote:sorry i wasnt clear in my problem i misdiagnosed it. I have installed the 32mb ram chips(2x16) from memory masters. they should work ive checked the stats. however i keep getting 2mb on my ram read, shouldnt i have 32 mb i can load up from the cf?

ive reinstalled many times

I've had corroded contacts on the RAM before that didn't work in my MPC2000XL. I used a pink pencil eraser and lightly scrubbed the 72 contacts (frontside and backside) on the edge of the RAM. Removed the eraser residuals, popped the RAM back into the MPC and it worked.