Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By MPCNugget Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:43 am
Hi all,

I bought a card reader, and am trying to connect it. Unfortunately, it didn't come with a cable, and finding the cable I need is proving to be near impossible.

The card reader needs a 4-pin female Molex connector, and the MPC board itself takes some sort of 4-pin connector. I've scoured every electronics surplus store I can find nearby, checked Ebay and Alibaba as well as mpc-stuff.com, and can't seem to find the required cable (except in the full CF kit from mpc-stuff).

4-pin molex is easy to find, and I figured I could butt-splice cables with the right connectors, so today I started looking just for a 4-pin connector that will fit the MPC board, bought a few and none of them fit - they all have some sort of keys that block the fit. It doesn't seem to be a standard 4-pin connector.

Honestly, I felt like I was searching for the Holy Grail.

Where do I find the required cable, or if that's impossible, where do I find the required connector or even, what is it called ?

Any pointers greatly appreciated !
By richie Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:51 am
If you're talking about the ribbon cable, that's just a 40 pin female/female IDE cable.
By MPCNugget Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:57 am
It's not the ribbon cable in the bundle that I'm looking for - it's the 4-pin cable. The Molex connector on the one end of the cable is easy to find, but the smaller connector on the other end, at the very top of the image I linked to, I can't find anywhere, and I've been poring through every corner of every surplus electronics store in Toronto.
By richie Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:40 am
@MPCNugget I seriously doubt you'd be able to find it in the GTA.