Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By JVC Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:48 am
sd-cd wrote:
**** wrote:Why not the XL?

I guess, what Martian said, I want to keep it simple, fun and just want to try it.
Also - an artist who inspired me a lot used it in his best tracks, in my opinion.

I always loved those 90's drums. Yep, I know - 12 bit etc. But it is partly to MP as well, and I believe 2K classic is closer to this sound. I heard about a great "jogwheel" as well.

(Still debating a bit about 2K XL, but I think I'll do what I said).

Personally, I couldn't love 2000 classic, because it was too difficult to repair, screen doesn't tilt, cannot install CF reader unless it is SCSI, even if you can resource SCSI card reader (which is usually expensive and hard to find), you still have to mod if you want to install it internally.
Plus, file system support is very weak, you cannot make folders.
I used to own 2000 classic, switched it to 2000XL. I don't miss 2000 classic.
By Wal Martian Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:52 pm
JVC wrote:cannot install CF reader unless it is SCSI, even if you can resource SCSI card reader (which is usually expensive and hard to find)

Not true

JVC wrote:you still have to mod if you want to install it internally.

True, a mod is required for an internal SCSI or IDE card reader

For the tilt screen, it's a nice luxury but you can just tilt the whole unit. I stand when I work so seeing the screen has never been a problem.
By 40Beatz Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:47 pm
If you haven't got rid of the 4000...I suggest you keep it. You made the right choice(as far as between the Classic and the XL). Post up some pics when you receive it
By JVC Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:46 am
Wal Martian wrote:
JVC wrote:cannot install CF reader unless it is SCSI, even if you can resource SCSI card reader (which is usually expensive and hard to find)

Not true

Which part is "not true"?
By the way, there is nothing wrong with liking 200 classic! It just wasn't for me.
By sd-cd Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:18 am
Received my 2000 XL a few day ago and I can already say switching from 4K was a great decision. It is a user friendly instrument.
By Lampdog Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:35 am
I think you will regret it later, but, if it works for you and your happy, push on, the pads are softer as well.
By Danoc Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:54 pm
get the black fat pads for the 2000XL THATS CRAZY!
Set up your sequences then go to soung mode and that joint is nuts. I use to do entire song on that machine.
sd-cd wrote:
**** wrote:Why not the XL?

I guess, what Martian said, I want to keep it simple, fun and just want to try it.
Also - an artist who inspired me a lot used it in his best tracks, in my opinion.

I always loved those 90's drums. Yep, I know - 12 bit etc. But it is partly to MP as well, and I believe 2K classic is closer to this sound. I heard about a great "jogwheel" as well.

(Still debating a bit about 2K XL, but I think I'll do what I said).
Last edited by Danoc on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:59 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:You should have gotten a Beat Thang. :lol:

LOL NOW THATS A JOKE LMAO
I forgor they existed.
By Blaknif Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:56 pm
sd-cd wrote:I will sell the 4K to keep it simple. Want to concentrate on 1 machine.

I have a Classic 2000 maxed out (Memory, 8 out, Scsi, Smpte) wanna trade?!?!