Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By fatassj Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:22 pm
I've seen that iOmega 100, 250, and 750 all have problems with Windows 7 and 10. I use 10, but I have a laptop with 7.

My MPC 2000XL already has a zip drive inside that works with iOmega 100 disks, so should I just go with an iOmega 100 drive? Do those work with windows?

What do you guys use?
By Living Bate Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:18 am
fatassj wrote:I've seen that iOmega 100, 250, and 750 all have problems with Windows 7 and 10. I use 10, but I have a laptop with 7.

My MPC 2000XL already has a zip drive inside that works with iOmega 100 disks, so should I just go with an iOmega 100 drive? Do those work with windows?

What do you guys use?

If you gotta fug with Zips then I would stick to iOmega 100mb disks.......

I have a SCSI Zip drive for the MPC and a USB Zip drive for my laptop running Windows
By JUKE 179r Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:33 am
I've never had Zip disks go bad. I've used Iomega, Fuji Film and Maxwell disks.
But the Zip drive on the other hand, **** them shits. :fku:
By fatassj Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:29 pm
mr_debauch wrote:NONE... zip disks are unreliable trash that should be avoided at all costs.

So, you're telling me it's a better process to go install a CF card reader?

Living Bate wrote:If you gotta fug with Zips then I would stick to iOmega 100mb disks.......

I have a SCSI Zip drive for the MPC and a USB Zip drive for my laptop running Windows

How do you bring your zips back and forth to the computer? Oh, or is it a portable one you attach to the back of the 2000XL? iOmega 100mb? Why? I was looking at those or the bigger versions.

JUKE 179r wrote:I've never had Zip disks go bad. I've used Iomega, Fuji Film and Maxwell disks.
But the Zip drive on the other hand, **** them ****. :fku:

Oh god, what horror stories do you bring to the table, sir?
By Living Bate Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:17 am
fatassj wrote:
How do you bring your zips back and forth to the computer? Oh, or is it a portable one you attach to the back of the 2000XL? iOmega 100mb? Why? I was looking at those or the bigger versions.

I've got an iOmega 100

But yeh, I've also got a CF reader installed in place of the Floppy......just do that instead. You can get a CF reader for your computer for like £3.50 on ebay....
By fatassj Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:11 am
Living Bate wrote:
fatassj wrote:

I've got an iOmega 100

But yeh, I've also got a CF reader installed in place of the Floppy......just do that instead. You can get a CF reader for your computer for like £3.50 on ebay....

Will do. Gonna look up how to install a CF reader into the 2kxl this weekend. Thanks :lol:
By richie Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:20 pm
fatassj remind yourself to install OS 1.20 before installing. Thing is, most IDE card readers simply won't work on 1.13
By fatassj Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:11 pm
richie wrote:fatassj remind yourself to install OS 1.20 before installing. Thing is, most IDE card readers simply won't work on 1.13

Why thank you sir, lol. Lots of shit just for a different means of data storage! A more reliable one, I hope