Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By distortedtekno Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:30 pm
The 60 has a better build quality and tighter MIDI timing than the 2000 and 2000XL. But it has less features. It's very basic compared to the 2000 and 2000XL. So it's all a matter of preference. If you can do more with less, then the 60 is for you.
By mr_debauch Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:54 pm
different workflow, great machine. i love the echo send return (can be used with any external fx box) .. OS 3.10 and higher is nice because it doesn't erase sequence memory when you go into the record new sample screen. it also has a backup battery that remembers machine settings (not sequence or samples... but general settings) ..

build quality is good, sound is good, inspiration is good (for me at least) make sure you get the ram expansion if possible.. but it isn't a deal breaker.
By tapedeck Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:44 pm
i might rather midi up my xl to a sampler that sounded like a 60 and have the best of both worlds.

i would take a 60 for free tho.
By richie Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:57 pm
@tapedeck, you don't say?
By tapedeck Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:39 pm
richie wrote:@tapedeck, you don't say?

just did :mrgreen:

tapedeck wrote:i might rather midi up my xl to a sampler that sounded like a 60 and have the best of both worlds.
i would take a 60 for free tho.
By mr_debauch Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:20 am
i dont really "chop" like i would with other samplers... i tend to record a snippet, truncate, record a new snippet and truncate that as well... i don't record in a 15 second thing and start pulling samples from it or segmenting it into bits to then later adjust.