Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By SeoulBrother Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:11 pm
Hello people! I have just updated my MPC2000xl with a CF reader. I own the MPC for 10 years or more and always worked with ZIP drives and an old 1GB external scsi HD. After alot of forum searches and trial and errors.. I got my CF reader working and I can load wav files in my MPC. But now all my sounds have this weird (left channel) static distortion noise. Not only when I am sampling from Turntable but also in my clean wav sounds transferred from my PC to the CF card and loaded in the MPC.

Could this be due to bad RAM as I read alot on the internet? Or more like an defect/damaged output?

Any suggestions are very welcome!

Thnx
By tapedeck Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:33 pm
i had something like this happen on an emu i had. it sounds like something definitely in the output chain.

another test is to see - does it come out just the main output, or does it come out the headphone too?

are all the 8-outs (if you have them) ok?
By tapedeck Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:55 pm
ok so we can rule out the jacks, we can rule out cables, that kind of sucks it means the error is somewhere deeper like the audio codec or my first guess would be the ram - but you say it does this even with no ram at all....so.... i don't know what to tell you except the error is somewhere deep in the device.
By tapedeck Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:19 pm
worth a shot but i doubt it. also considering it happened since you opened it up, maybe you knocked something loose? make sure everything is back together properly, look for any caps that might have exploded.
By SeoulBrother Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:51 pm
Yea I double checked if everything is in place. Switched RAM slot, took RAM out and started MPC, I've used clean wavs from my pc and put them with CF on my MPC, I've recorded from vinyl, I've changed back to floppy driver, I've reinstalled the 1.20 OS update, I've checked both main outputs and headphones output.. and all give me that weird "static" kind of noise when I playback or tap a pad with my sounds..