Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By decline_to_state Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:10 am
Does anybody have any suggestions for making DIY (do it yourself) fat/thick pads? I have two sets of the stock 2000XL pads and heard that there is a way to make them into something similar to the ridiculously overpriced mpcstuff.com fat pad sets. $45 plus shipping is exorbitant, offensive even. So I appreciate any help whatsoever, thank you in advance!
By distortedtekno Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:19 am
It would probably cost you more money to come up with a DIY solution. So you may as well just buy the MPC stuff pads now or wait until they go on sale.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:51 am
DIY solution would be to design and create your own custom mould (make sure the mould is made to a high level of accuracy), then obtain liquid rubber to the correct specifications to produce the right balance of softness/firmness, then you'll need to pour the rubber into the mould and leave to set, etc, etc.
By richie Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:33 pm
what I did was melt an old bicycle tire into an icecube tray and and then carefully put them back in to my mpc.
By amenphetamine Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:50 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
By JUKE 179r Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:54 pm
Making your own pads is just silly when there are other companies that got it down pat and they work great.
I was thinking of making my own MPC3000 red Record and Over Dub buttons from a 3D printer only because no one makes them at all.
By amenphetamine Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:54 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:Making your own pads is just silly when there are other companies that got it down pat and they work great.
I was thinking of making my own MPC3000 red Record and Over Dub buttons from a 3D printer only because no one makes them at all.

Re: buttons, I thought you may find this interesting (check out a discussion under the photo album).
By JUKE 179r Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:09 am
ZWUKOLOW wrote:Re: buttons, I thought you may find this interesting (check out a discussion under the photo album).

CHEERS! I hit the guy up about the buttons.
By amenphetamine Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:24 am
JUKE 179r wrote:
ZWUKOLOW wrote:Re: buttons, I thought you may find this interesting (check out a discussion under the photo album).

CHEERS! I hit the guy up about the buttons.

Cool man, hope you'll find what you're looking for! 8)
By conrad Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:00 pm
I'm not sure MPCStuff's prices are high tbh. He or someone has put the time and money into developing it. How much was the MPC itself brand new ?