Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By JJG Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:11 am
I currently bought a 1/4 stereo cable which was recommended so I can set it up to my speakers but now the sound is very faint compared to the AUX cable I was using before. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
By Wal Martian Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:19 am
The MPC has unbalanced outs, that means this:
is the connector for one of the L or the R outputs. Notice the one stripe. This cable carries one of the two stereo channels from the MPC to one of your speakers. i.e. L MPC output to L speaker or R MPC output to R speaker. Get two of these wires, one for each speaker: Image

*edit fixed
Last edited by Wal Martian on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By tapedeck Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:33 pm
per the manual, the outputs are actually unbalanced. that might cause an issue if he uses a balanced cable to pull an unbalanced signal into a balanced source.

and i could be wrong...i remember roughly something about a discrepancy between the service manual and operator manual - can't remember which mpc or which in/out tho.

having said all that, i dont think any of it matters in this case.
By richie Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:26 pm
How do i know when sound is coming out of my mpc?
By richie Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:38 am
The red cable has better mastering and is more soulful. Sounds better with drums too.
By tapedeck Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:03 am
richie wrote:The red cable has better mastering and is more soulful. Sounds better with drums too.

almost forgot that. good point.
By JJG Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:21 am
Lmao sorry guys people on here don't usually respond to my post but yeah I'm using m audio bx5 speakers
By JJG Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:23 am
And I think Richie is right cuz that's what what I've noticed but I always thought that it would sound the same if I used 1/4 stereo cables but I decided to keep using an aux cord and just use the L output that one seems to be sounding the best right now or the cables i baught are trash
By richie Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:54 pm
Yeah definitely use the red cables. If you can't find red cables then yellow cables are fine too.
By JJG Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:20 am
Hope it doesn't effect what I recorded and sound different when I play my songs on a computer or phone