Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By JJG Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:36 am
Okay so I just got an mpc 2000xl and for some reason it's not recording some of the pads that I'm pressing and also the top row of pads isn't working and I don't use them I'm just wondering if that could be the cause
By hok-2 Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:39 am
I use a 2000 I think they're pretty much the same
You can check if it recorded it by pressing F1 and the <
These machines arnt easy Brother you are going to have to read the manual if you're not familiar with Akia Samplers .
Forget the internet, sample some sounds and make a beat , YOUR beat , thats when the magic happens. BIGUP G!

The mpc 2000xl manual is available on this website and can be found in the legacy section of Akia's web page.

Peace Fam.
By Living Bate Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:14 am
what hok-2 said....

but if you are still having problems with this it may be worth giving a more detailed breakdown of exactly what you are doing.....e.g the top row of pads....are you even able to load samples to them? do they play?
By talll13 Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:54 pm
Maybe if you give as more details we would be of better help. For example, u can just record the sample and then you can choose any pad with "shift + 6" and then F1 and then F2. My guess though is that you have placed the sampler above a rack unit and because there is not much resistance the top four pads doesn't respond. Try put it on a more solid surface.
Just guessing though cause there not enough details on your question.