Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By JJG Wed May 31, 2017 3:34 am
Do I connect my MPC 2000XL to the MIC or INSTRUMENT connection on my interface and what cables would I need? an XLR cable or?
By hok-2 Wed May 31, 2017 12:24 pm
Probably best to plug it into the instrument input
Xlr's are usually for mics so I'd advice a jack lead (like the output on the back of your mpc)

Plug the jack into the output of your mpc and into the input of your audio interface.
Turn it up and start making some beats.
Man this is basic shizz and you could have worked it out with a google search.
Big up still.
By tapedeck Wed May 31, 2017 6:38 pm
JJG wrote:Do I connect my MPC 2000XL to the MIC or INSTRUMENT connection on my interface and what cables would I need? an XLR cable or?

look at the back of the mpc - does it have xlr jacks? do you think the mpc is a mic or an instrument? :Sigh:
By JJG Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:41 am
Okay but what's with these midi connections and syncing I hear about is that even needed or can I just record it my using jacks?!
By JJG Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:01 am
Also what type of 1/4 phone plugs? Mono or female.
By Living Bate Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:09 am
JJG wrote:Also what type of 1/4 phone plugs? Mono or female.

personally i like these phone plugs

they give you the option of male or female......they give you that warm analogue sound.....and they also give you the swing settings of Dilla

i recommend them...
By JJG Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:28 pm
What's the the name of the cable I would need to connect it to the instrument input the manual just talks about the connecters.
By JJG Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:22 am
No no one wants to answer them is all /:
By Living Bate Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:16 am
JJG wrote:No no one wants to answer them is all /:

give us a bit of background info on yourself JJG.....how old are you?.....what music are you into?.....did you do anything musically before you got an MPC?
By JJG Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:29 pm
Why can't you just tell me the name of the wire?
By JUKE 179r Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:06 pm
Maaaaaaaan.... I'm all about helping a fellow musician and sharing my knowledge but Got Damm! You gotta do some searching on your own for fk sakes!!!!