Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By bjarnir Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:37 pm
just got my mpc2000xl two days ago and last night i saved "all sounds and programs"
today when i opened it the the wrong program was on the tracks and when i change to the right programs they change to the ones that are on the tracks when loading the saved "all sounds and programs" when i press "Play start" button but it does not happen when i press the "play" button

any ideas?

:worthy:

hope its not my machine that is faulty??
By Lampdog Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:36 pm
Go into STEP EDIT in each sequence, view ALL NOTES to see what is going on specifically.
Maybe your programs have the wrong DRUM # assigned. Once you straighten it out over write your old APS and ALL. APS is all programs and all sounds. ALL is all mixer settings, all sequences, midi and all song data.

Remember to save each project, all samples, programs, aps and all in the same folder.
By tapedeck Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:14 pm
also check your program change number in the bottom right of main screen. then go into DRUM edit and check that each program has a unique pgm change id and they are what you think they should be.
By bjarnir Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:03 pm
Thanks for the reply guys!! Found it you are right on saw it there, must have happend cause my mpc had this autolod on and i didnt know that when you save all then that will be what autoloads and i was like overwriting the old file, rookie mistake i guess, :roll: great forum guys alot of good info here!

one last thing for know, ive been trying to browse here and on the web for the max size of cf cards with the cf drive instead of floppy/zip drive,
Ive read both that you can use up to 16 gb cf card with out having to split it in partitions on the newer os 1.20 and i also read that you can only use 1gb size, but are able to split bigger cf cards into 1gb partitions on the older os 1.14 to use the bigger then 1gb cf cards
So basicly my question is how big cards does the cf drive read with os 1.20 installed? :hmmm:
By bjarnir Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:52 pm
ok i was wrong just had the wrong prg nr on the track didn't notice it was set to wrong, thats what was causing it to change to that nr that was set on it,, thank you guys! :worthy:
By Lampdog Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:30 am
AUTOLOAD works on files in the root of the media. If you have samples, all and aps, it will load them. If those samples, all and aps are in folders it will not load them.
By richie Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:50 pm
1.20 limits you to 1gb.
By richie Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:28 pm
The only time I've heard of the internal IDE card readers being able to format to 9gb was on 1.14 using that hot swappable card reader. As soon as you upgrade to 1.20, it starts formatting with FAT16 and no matter what the size of the card is, it won't go past 1gb.

Now whether this happens with a SCSI card reader on 1.20 is something I have yet to verify. To be honest I'm sitting here in my boxers and am feeling kind of lazy at the moment but I guess I'll go hook the sh*t up and verify the SCSI card reader doing this as well.

Edit: So I hooked up the PCD-15 to the XL running 1.20 and WAS able to format a 16 GIG CF card on it, but it only formatted it to 2.5GB but then afterwards if you tried to go to load, you could not switch between partition A/B and the XL recognized the format as PC instead of MPC2000. Tried a different card, the XL showed it as 1.5GB but when I formatted the same sh*t as above. *shrug*