Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Johnnyd0205 Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:37 am
Hey guys. I have for sale a kit in order to successfully install a internal CF reader into your mpc 2000 classic. DOES NOT INCLUDE CF READER. This kit comes with...
• 4-Pin Molex to Floppy Drive (5v)
• 25-Pin DB25 Male to Male M/M Gender Changer Adapter
• 25 feet 26 AWG stranded Silver Plated PTFE Wire
• SCSI cable 50 Pin 50
• DB25 Male / Female Header Breakout Board, Terminal Block, Connector
• SCSI DB25F / IDC50M Internal/External Adapter
All This for $28 (Can be negotiable)
Please let me know if you have any questions!
By distortedtekno Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:49 pm
That's cool that you put a kit together to sell. But it's gonna be a tough sale unless you can find more people brave and experienced enough to perform this mod. I highly encourage people to practice soldering and then get on with the project. I also recommend installing a Magneto Optical drive since they're cheaper than CF drives.

Have you performed this mod yourself yet? It would be cool if you did, so you can share some pics which would encourage others to buy your kit and do it themselves.
There's only a handful of people including myself who did this mod. It would be cool to have everyone's internal SCSI mods listed in one topic with pics included as well.
By Harmoncj Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:55 pm
This is actually, not bad, I mean that list of stuff with separate shipping would be hard to beat the price. Can you point me at a CF reader that is confirmed to work?
By Johnnyd0205 Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:54 pm
Harmoncj wrote:This is actually, not bad, I mean that list of stuff with separate shipping would be hard to beat the price. Can you point me at a CF reader that is confirmed to work?

I have the Microtech PCD- 25BH. I bought it from eBay for a fairly good price. Some people say this card reader only takes a gigabyte in memory but I've used a San disk 8 gb micro sd card with a micro to cf card and it's worked for me perfectly
By LADiego Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:12 pm
Hi I agree with @distortedtekno in that experience and other skills are absolutely required and is not for the average MPC user so become well-informed before attempting. Also, the Microtech pcd47b is compatible with the mpc2000 and will work with cf card sizes up to 8gb. The Microtech pcd60b (if you can find it is also compatible and I believe will use up to 16gb cf cards. All mentioned cards are hot swappable. There is also the non-hot swappable card reader which uses an ide carder in combination with an acard board. I still recommend using an external card reader with the mpc2000. Good luck.
By Harmoncj Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:34 am

this is like the best day of my life. thanks to distortedtekno, thanks to Johnnyd0205, thanks to destruktiv and JVC anyone else who contirbuted anything to the mpc2000 internal scsi upgrade :worthy:
By LADiego Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:02 am
Harmoncj wrote:Image

this is like the best day of my life. thanks to distortedtekno, thanks to Johnnyd0205, thanks to destruktiv and JVC anyone else who contirbuted anything to the mpc2000 internal scsi upgrade :worthy:

Nice!
By Roddy_H Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:12 pm
Can someone post a link to the Mod above? I'd like to try this out as my floppy and ext zip have both failed on my classic and I'd like to get it working again. I've previously had to 'mod' the effects unit into it as the ribbon cable wasn't long enough. I don't mind a bit of soldering.