Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
Byanon_59393a948 Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:37 pm
Hey bros! I finally got my 2000xl. Used. Has a cf card reader and 32mb (max memory) if im correct. Do i need the 8 outs as well if i want to mix my effects outside the mpc since it has no fx. As well, what upgrades should i consider? Thanks. Im here to make warm boom bap. :smoker:
By Living Bate Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:21 am
Raudy wrote:what upgrades should i consider?

the EB16 is well worth the upgrade....it catches a bit of criticism, but if you freak it with finesse you can get some nice results
By tapedeck Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:34 pm
Raudy wrote:Hey bros! I finally got my 2000xl. Used. Has a cf card reader and 32mb (max memory) if im correct. Do i need the 8 outs as well if i want to mix my effects outside the mpc since it has no fx. As well, what upgrades should i consider? Thanks. Im here to make warm boom bap. :smoker:

2000xl is not really known for its warmth - samplers were pretty clean by then.
get every upgrade you can, they all have their uses. you dont 'need' the 8-outs but its the first one i bought and has been the most useful to me.
good luck, glad its got the cf.
Byanon_59393a948 Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:10 pm
Okok thanks!!!! So why does everyone say the 2000 classic n XL are warm n punchy?? Whats that about. Or do they mean they sound that way compared to something like maschine?
By tapedeck Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:24 pm
Raudy wrote:Okok thanks!!!! So why does everyone say the 2000 classic n XL are warm n punchy?? Whats that about. Or do they mean they sound that way compared to something like maschine?

nobody says that. the replies you've gotten have almost across the board been 'there is no noticeable difference'.

a 60/3000 or s950 will sound different - maybe yer confusing models.
Byanon_59393a948 Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:30 pm
Damn i must be living a lie lmao. Sorry to confuse. I was always told the mpc 2000 is some warm machine. And then the XL came with all the features yet they said the 2k classic is still warmer. So to conclude so i can stop annoying the forum, they both sound the same. Ok :) its just the XL has the features
By tapedeck Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:33 pm
Raudy wrote:Damn i must be living a lie lmao. Sorry to confuse. I was always told the mpc 2000 is some warm machine. And then the XL came with all the features yet they said the 2k classic is still warmer. So to conclude so i can stop annoying the forum, they both sound the same. Ok :) its just the XL has the features

yes that is accurate. the 3000/60 are known for their sound - maybe you or whoever told you that was confused.

its easy for misinformation to spread via the internet - especially something as subjective and hard to test as 'warm sound'.

hang in there and enjoy yer xl / classic whichever you go to.
Byanon_59393a948 Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:35 pm
Well now that i know 100% they dont sound different ill go with xl. More features and a tilt screen. Thanks mpc forums. NO MORE ANNOYING POSTS FROM ME