Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By HRB1221 Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:13 pm
My first instrument back in 1999 was an MPC and I'm considering picking up a MPC 2000XL.

I would like to transfer samples from my Mac to the MPC using a SD card reader and then backup programs and samples from the MPC back to the Mac.

I haven't seen any recent posts that address this scenario specifically. I've seen lots of posts about CF cards but I already have a stack of SD cards that I'd like to use.

Is there a reliable internal drive with SD card reader that is available? Will the original Akai factory MCD card reader work?

I've used SCSI2SD in the past with S5000/S6000 rack samplers but I haven't seen any success stories with the MPC.

My Mac can read PC formatted SD cards. Will the MPC have any trouble reading data from my Mac?

Any help is appreciated!
By JUKE 179r Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:33 am
Yep... SCSI2SD works on the 2000XL.
I use CF cards between my Mac and MPC. You'll have to remove the hidden Mac files for it to work properly on an MPC.
I use the app on my desktop Cleanup SMB mess.app to remove these hidden files.
By tapedeck Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:49 am

and thats never worked for me on mac (havent tried lately). but i just connect to a winxp virtual machine on the mac.
By spookymulder Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:03 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:Yep... SCSI2SD works on the 2000XL.
I use CF cards between my Mac and MPC. You'll have to remove the hidden Mac files for it to work properly on an MPC.

Just got my scsi2sd for Xl in the mail. I successfully put one in my Emu sampler a year ago, but can't remember my settings. I remember it took a bit of trial / error. Any chance you can share settings if you recall ? ( for the scsi2sd board for 2000xl to be configured)