Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By weeman123 Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:29 am
i am thinking of making ableton slave and mpc2000xl as master .
and do the next conection :

MIDI Keyboard MIDI OUT to MIDI IN MPC2000xl
MPC2000XL MIDI OUT to MIDI in of the soundcard

am i going be able to trigger midi in ableton via the keyboard and use the mp like sequencer ?

i would like to use mpc like main sequencer and do drums and main samples and after that trigger midi and other samples in ableton ? (does the midi info will be recorded like this in the mpc or in ableton ?

or do i need midi keyboard to have MIDI THRU that will be going in the midi in of the soundcard (Ableton midi In) and the midi out of the keyboard going to midi in of the mpc ?

what is the right connection to do this i would like to know before start buying midi cables ? Thanks
By Wal Martian Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:42 pm
weeman123 wrote:am i going be able to trigger midi in ableton via the keyboard and use the mp like sequencer ?

Yes.

weeman123 wrote:i would like to use mpc like main sequencer and do drums and main samples and after that trigger midi and other samples in ableton ? (does the midi info will be recorded like this in the mpc or in ableton ?

It will be recorded in the MPC but you can record it into Ableton too if you need to, just make a MIDI track and arm it to record.

weeman123 wrote:or do i need midi keyboard to have MIDI THRU that will be going in the midi in of the soundcard (Ableton midi In) and the midi out of the keyboard going to midi in of the mpc ?

No, MIDI thru is not for that.

weeman123 wrote:what is the right connection to do this i would like to know before start buying midi cables ? Thanks

↓ ↓ ↓
weeman123 wrote:MIDI Keyboard MIDI OUT to MIDI IN MPC2000xl
MPC2000XL MIDI OUT to MIDI in of the soundcard
By weeman123 Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:19 pm
Wal Martian thanks for the response appreciate it ! "It will be recorded in the MPC but you can record it into Ableton too if you need to, just make a MIDI track and arm it to record" yeah that makes more sense !