Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Lampdog Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:34 pm
Mpc electronic surgery from problem to resolution in 2 days. This rarely happens I think.
By xvw Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:42 pm
Sorry for ghosting there guys, I had to step away for a minute to get caught up on some things over here... are you guys connected on any of the social media platforms?
By xvw Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:22 pm
Lampdog wrote:Image

Did you happen to take detailed pictures? If so please post em so if others
run into this problem they can find your solution.

:) I didn't take that many pictures at first, but I just finished gutting my MP again and took a bunch of pictures to help out, did you want me to post them here?
By xvw Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:24 pm
Wal Martian wrote:I think if you look at the second band (purple) on the bad resistor, it looks more grey than it should.

You're right about that.. it looked really grey... the shell of the old resistor actually crumbled on me when I de-soldered and tried to take it out.. lol
By xvw Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:25 pm
tapedeck wrote:wow - i'm both happy and still surprised this actually fixed the problem. good job! :mrgreen:

Tape! It's been a minute talking to you too! I hope you're doing well... I'm really glad to see that you're still up on here too. :)
By xvw Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:28 pm
Lampdog wrote:Mpc electronic surgery from problem to resolution in 2 days. This rarely happens I think.

Persistance pays off! I had to make use of my summer break haha. I couldn't have done it without the people in this forum though. I'm grateful for that. :-D