Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
Byanon_59393a948 Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:08 pm
So i wanna buy one of those floppy drives that plug into ur computer so i can load my files onto the disk directly. My issue is some cost $100 and others cost $30, is there really a difference? Secondly, the usb floppy emulator as well, some cost $30 and the one on mpcstuff cost $90, should i just go cheaper?
By 713_HOU_TX Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:58 pm
Raudy wrote:So i wanna buy one of those floppy drives that plug into ur computer so i can load my files onto the disk directly. My issue is some cost $100 and others cost $30, is there really a difference? Secondly, the usb floppy emulator as well, some cost $30 and the one on mpcstuff cost $90, should i just go cheaper?

What MPC are you using a 2000 classic or 2000XL?

For the 2000 the floppy emulator is good to load the OS. Other from that you would need to rely on the SCSI port. If you go with a floppy emulator I would recommend getting the card reader from mpcstuff.
By hok-2 Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:20 am
I have one of the cheap 'Gotec' ones in my 2000, you cant save onto multiple disks on them so they're not great.
If you have a Xl I think s.d card readers are about the same price: £20

So if you make music that can fit on 1.44mb's the cheep floppy usb emulaters are ok.
Otherwise it might be worth spending a bit more on a scsi drive or one of the modern drives that give you more space.