Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By MrDismal Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:11 am
Hey fellas,
Anyone using some secret material instead of using Corx pads underneath your MPC pads?

I'm using the fat pads currently and I've tried the corx (both from MPC-Stuff) and they seem to be a little too sensitive. Sometimes they trigger the pad next to it. I might try and realign them, but still they seem too touchy when you hit a pad.

So I'm looking to find something just a little less thick I can sit under my pads.
By richie Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:18 pm
It sounds like the best option for you could be to remove the pads and put the old ones back in :(
By MrDismal Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:28 pm
Unfortunately I bought this MPC with the fat pads already there - with the corx installed under them.
This is why I'm looking for a better alternative.

I've heard gaffer tape works well - I think it's called duck tape in the U.S. It's the cotton tape. I'm gonna try the corx one more time and if it fails I'll try some tape.
It's just that there's a slight gap between the pad and the sensor sheet. And needs to be filled in with something thin.
By richie Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:20 am
@MrDismal - I wouldn't put duct tape underneath the pads. The glue on them can spread due to heat and pressure, and extremely difficult to get off of certain surfaces. The last thing you need is to have to spend another $100 to get a pad sensor sent to your stomping grounds.
By tapedeck Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:11 am
yea just dont use anything...im sure it will be fine.

the most botched mpc i ever saw had some homemade garbage between the pads and sensor. i really think its unnecessary and mostly hype. you can learn to play it without im sure.
By richie Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:42 am
I was going to suggest some type of cork based thing, like the kind of shit people use for furniture or whatever, but those things are thicker than the actual 'corx' you got from mpcstuff too. It would probably cause it to trigger all the time just from breathing too hard.
By MrDismal Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:20 am
After reading some forums it seems once you've taken off the corx you'd need to buy new ones if you wanted to add them back on - I'm guessing because they lose their stickyness. Which makes me wonder what adhesive mpc-stuff use, because I'll just buy something similar and re-sticky it.