Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Sergngeneral Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:10 am
I just bought a 2000 off of eBay, and am still learning to use it, but I'm running into problems with the data wheel on trim mode. I try to move the start and end points and the numerical values change, but I see almost no difference in the highlighted part of the waveform, nor do I hear a difference in the start/end or length of the sample. All the tutorial videos I've watched show the start/end points move instantly. Am I missing something? The wheel works fine with other functions so I don't think it's the problem.
By Lampdog Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:53 pm
The wheel has 2 moving parts. Try moving both. LOTS of people prefer that 2k knob.
Also pay attention to the values when you use both knobs.
By Harmoncj Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:12 am
If I get what you are describing this is normal. single digits make no perceptible change try moving the thousands
By Sergngeneral Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:56 am
Harmoncj wrote:If I get what you are describing this is normal. single digits make no perceptible change try moving the thousands

And I just figured out why it's called the "digit wheel"! Got it. Much appreciated!!
By Sergngeneral Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:57 am
Lampdog wrote:The wheel has 2 moving parts. Try moving both. LOTS of people prefer that 2k knob.
Also pay attention to the values when you use both knobs.

Got it, wasn't sure of the function of the outer ring, now I see! Thank you much!
By Lampdog Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:52 am
Good stuff, enjoy!

Oh and like said above hit open window on everything you highlight.
You'll end up seeing lots of menus and options.