Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By abletonmpc Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:14 pm
I've connected everything thing, but I have no idea how to properly setup the USB. Do I just drag and drop the EXE and SYS file onto the USB after wiping it from the MPC by pressing the front two buttons? Also what is the deal with jumpers? Which one is supposed to be jumpered?
By distortedtekno Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:25 pm
I don't know since I never bothered with it. But one thing is for sure... if you're using the Gotek with the MPC2000 Classic, you'll be wasting your time because if you try to save a project that's more than 1.44mb, you won't be able to save the work on multiple partitions.
By Harmoncj Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:53 am
abletonmpc wrote:Man I've scoured pretty much all of google and this forum... very limited info on it.

I have a clue, I'm not sure how much this helps but I have found the storage medium needs to be formatted by the MPC before it can read OS off it. ex: I can drag/drop the OS files onto a MPC formatted CF card but I can't drag and drop the OS files onto a FAT formatted CF card. Which is strange because other wise it can read any other type of file off an FAT format card.
By hok-2 Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:18 am
The way I did it was by coppying the O.S from a working floppy drive then unplugging it when it says 'switch disk' and then plugging in the flopy emulator saving the it onto that.

check that your usb is formatted to Fat 16 and try transfering the Mpc Operating System a few times, it doesnt always work but once its on its on.
Also bare in mind you will have to convert any 32/64 bit samples to 16bit, or the doesnt rconise them,