Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Phonetic Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:31 am
Sup fam,
Just got the Mutec 8 out board for my MPC 2000 classic.
When the board is installed the machine freezes on start up or if it does load there is no sound from the main stereo outs or the 8 output board.
I have checked mixer levels & everything seems fine. I'm pretty sure the ribbon cable is the correct way round too.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Please help!!! :?
Thanks
By JUKE 179r Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:04 pm
Is the 8-outs ribbon cable inserted correctly?
By Phonetic Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:36 pm
Thanks for the reply's guys. I have already checked out that thread but they're not clear on weather its the resistor on the main board or the output board itself?
And as the pictures are gone I can't tell...
There is a resistor labeled R1 on both.
I assume its the motherboard but I just wanted to be sure??
Thanks dudes
By JUKE 179r Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:13 am
That R1 resistor is on the mother board of the 2000XL so I don't know about the 2000.
Just look for a burnt up resistor.
By Phonetic Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:05 pm
Wal Martian wrote:
JUKE 179r wrote:That R1 resistor is on the mother board of the 2000XL so I don't know about the 2000.
Just look for a burnt up resistor.

JUKE 179r wrote:Yep. that's it. R1 resistor. I've seen crispier resistors than that.

So thats a picture of a 2KXL? That R1 resistor is in a totally different place on my 2K classic motherboard.
Would that still be the suspect resistor, as mine doesn't look particularly crispy?
By Wal Martian Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:52 pm
Phonetic wrote:So thats a picture of a 2KXL? That R1 resistor is in a totally different place on my 2K classic motherboard.
Would that still be the suspect resistor, as mine doesn't look particularly crispy?

Yes and yes, it might not look crispy.
By Phonetic Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 am
Right, I swapped the resistor out & the problem remains the same....
No sound at all when the 8 out board is installed. Even from the stereo outs...
But all as normal when I uninstall it. So at least it didn't get any worse....
Any other ideas?
Thanks guys
By JUKE 179r Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:57 pm
This for the 2000XL so It might work on the 2000 with the 8-outs...
tapedeck wrote:yes, the 8 outs works per pad, not track.

hit shift+7 and go to the mixer.

choose 'indiv'.

now hit the pad you want to assign.

now cursor up to the square above the level meter. scroll through the 8-outs there.

note that stereo samples will have to use 2 outs, so if you have stereo samples consider converting to mono.

Lampdog wrote:If a sample is stereo the 2kxl will only give you the option of 1/2 or 3/4 or 5/6 or 7/8 when you try and route it through the 8 out board.

If a sample is mono the 2kxl will give you access to all individual 8 outs you try and route it through the board.

It depends on your sample.

Samples that don't have left/right stereo movement can be converted to mono (imo kick drum, snare drum etc...

If your sample NEEDS stereo then keep it stereo.