Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By thelox10 Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:23 pm
Hey fellaz,

i need some help with the following problem:

The MPC came with a Formel-1 1GB Compact Flash Card. I started to load some sounds from my computer on the CF and i could easily load them into the MPC. Then I tried to save my project, which brought the first problem: As I was trying to "Save all Programs", i got the error "disk write error". I realized that i could only save files that are about 100kb. Then I just tried it again and realized that I actually could save a file on my CF bigger than 500kb. It seems like I actually cant save any file into the CF. So I bought myself an Iomega ZIP 100 and a brand new 100MB Zip-disk. I had to buy some cables to connect the Iomega to my MPC over the SCSI-slot. The MPC 2000XL didnt even recognize the Iomega, in fact it seems like the MPC crashes as soon as i was trying to switch from ATAPI to SCSI in the "Load"-screen. Then, because I was so frustrated, I downloaded the 1.4 OS from the AKAI-HP and put it on my CF and loaded it into my MPC. Since then, the MPC cant even recognize the MPC anymore. I actually have another CF-Card, the Transcend CF 133x 1GB, but it also doesnt work. I just hope that somebody can help me with my problem, I was so excited getting me a MPC 2000XL and now everything is just ******...

Thank you in advance... :roll:
By thelox10 Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:38 am
I actually formatted the CF into different formats, including FAT... plus I knew that file names can only be 8 characters or less, so I think that this is not the problem.

This is the ZIP that I have got. Im connecting the ZIP and my MPC with a SCSI to ZIP cable.

Thank you in advance.
By Lampdog Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:24 pm
http://www.mpc-tutor.com/files/mpc-manual/MPC2000XL_manual.pdf

MPC2k manual, Chapter 13: Appendix, Page 190

SCSI ID
Make sure the SCSI ID number of the device connected to a SCSI bus is unique. For example, the
ID of the MPC2000XL is 6 and the ID of the other devices connected must be set to any number
other than 6. To set the ID of external SCSI devices, check the manual of the device.

Termination
A chain of SCSI devices must be terminated at either end and terminating resistors are fitted to
most SCSI devices when you buy them. The MPC2000XL’s SCSI interface is terminated. It is
most likely that the MPC2000XL will be at one end of the chain and so must be left terminated. Any
disks in between the MPC2000XL and the last SCSI device in the chain must be un-terminated
(this can be done by physically removing the resistors or sometimes via a DIP switch on the back
of the unit - please check the unit’s documentation). The last device in the chain must be terminated.