By Lampdog Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:53 am
Use tinypic.com

When they give you the links, use the one with [img]
By Lampdog Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:32 am
Red = +5v
Yellow = +12v
Black = Ground

By Lampdog Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:36 pm
Molex is the name of the connector, not the wire.

There are many types of Molex connectors.
By Harmoncj Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:02 pm
are you doing an internal storage mod?
By sorry in advance, I'm new Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:46 pm
No, it won't turn out have been replacing parts that could be the problem thats the last one I've got in mind was just looking for what it was called. Thanks for the help, much appreciated @LampDog
By JUKE 179r Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:28 pm
Pull the wires out of the circuit to isolate it,
Get a multimeter,
Check for continuity on each wire,
Splice in a new wire if you find one bad.
By tapedeck Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:35 pm
yea i believe the term you are looking for is 'wire'.
seriously, they're just wires with molex connectors. no modern electronic store will have that, check junk shops and if you know of a junk electronic store or a place that has broken old computers for sale, you can find that part there...you'll likely still need to do some cable frankensteining to get it exactly how you want - i doubt you will find an mpc specific part off the shelf.
By sorry in advance, I'm new Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:59 pm
Thank you in advance to any one who replies! All the help is appreciated. Just confused on somethings but you guys are answering my questions with out me asking so thank you. Wasn't sure if the molex cable could be the same as computer one so thats out of the way. Im also just asking again because I'm so confused since no mpc online store actually has this wire for sale and can't find it on eBay. Guitar center told me check amazon but i don't want to order the wrong cable so I've been wondering if there is a part number or name for the cable instead of "Molex cable".
By tapedeck Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:09 pm
sorry in advance, I'm new wrote:... I'm so confused since no mpc online store actually has this wire for sale and can't find it on eBay. Guitar center told me check amazon but i don't want to order the wrong cable so I've been wondering if there is a part number or name for the cable instead of "Molex cable".

let me preface this with, i think yer barking up the wrong tree. i dont think replacing this cable is going to solve anything.
juke is trying to save you the trouble telling you to actually check that the cable is bad before chasing this down - very easy to do.

i googled 'computer disk drive power cable molex' and came up with some options. you'll likely have to frankenstein some together to get what you want.

but really, check the wires first - then you'll know. :mrgreen: