Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By ink@16 Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:01 pm
Hi, I am quite new to the world of MPC especially 2000, and since I am not so techy on the hardware side of things I was interested whether you can help me out....
I had this idea of storing/saving MPC projects directly from the MPC2000 to my P.C. instead of using floppy disks or an external SCSI zip drive.
What I was planning to do is this :smoker: :
MPC2000 SCSI port to > SCSI port of a PCIe SCSI adapter/controller (attached to my motherboard) to > SCSI hard drive (or HDD/SSD) on my P.C. :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

I still don't know if this is possible and whether or not there is a software that I need to use to format this SCSI drive (or any other type of drive that I will be using ) which I plan to instal on my P.C. in order to store the projects directly from THE MPC2000 TO MY P.C.

Please give any suggestions or comments which you think that will be helpful .... :roll: :roll: :roll:
By JUKE 179r Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:22 pm
On Win7, I've used AOMEI Partition Assistant to format SCSI hard drives to a FAT file system. I think the MPC2000 uses FAT12.
I haven't messed with a 2K and SCSI but I'd say hook it all up and just go for it. Report back what you find out to help others.