Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By loudmusic Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:02 am
Wal Martian wrote:No you aren't screwed, it's easy to fix. Spray contact cleaner under the plastic button and press on them 100 or so times, this can temporarily fix it. If that doesn't work you will need to solder in new tact switches.

I pressed on them without the plastic buttons as well. No luck. Soldering it is I guess.
By JUKE 179r Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:15 am
Last edited by JUKE 179r on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By JUKE 179r Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:36 pm
Great troubleshooting skills!
By richie Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:40 am
The traces on that control board are big enough to run a jump wire from one point to another, so no need to pay ilovempc $250 for one.
By loudmusic Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:58 pm
Wal Martian wrote:Take a pic of the cracked board and post it up. Are any of the traces broken, does the crack go through any traces?

Obviously isn't good, but I'm not sure if this is even what's causing those buttons to not work.

Wal Martian wrote:Yes^ that's how I fixed this cracked board on my 3000?

Photos aren't showing up for me.
By loudmusic Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:01 pm
richie wrote:The traces on that control board are big enough to run a jump wire from one point to another, so no need to pay ilovempc $250 for one.

Lol I could find a whole used MPC for this price if I looked hard enough.
By loudmusic Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:26 am
Wal Martian wrote:That doesn't look that bad, but you never know, if just 1 trace is broken it could effect a number of functions.

Cool. Never soldered before. Another thing for me to learn. I might end up f*cking something else up in the process.